biggest jump in placements

who is Frontear?" Every year I went to Scranton I always spent saturday at the Steamtown Train museum and then my wife and I had a great dinner at the Steamtown Mall foodcourt. We always thought the better corps went on around 7 pm for prelims. From what you say, We missed alot of good little corps. Did Frontear make finals?"

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what would impress me most, would be if Westshore and it's supporters stepped up and came back out. From all the stories, it sounds as if things used to be great. If you already have an alumni corps with interest, step up and be great once again. Not trying to bust anyones chops, it would just be cool to see.

who is Frontear?" Every year I went to Scranton I always spent saturday at the Steamtown Train museum and then my wife and I had a great dinner at the Steamtown Mall foodcourt. We always thought the better corps went on around 7 pm for prelims. From what you say, We missed alot of good little corps. Did Frontear make finals?"

I was amazed at the lack of turn out in the afternoon at semi finals.MCL went on early and only had a handful of

fans sitting in the stand.

What I found really amazing on finals night were the number of people that only came out when thier corps were on the field or shortly before they came on the field.Then there was the other segment of fans that sat on thier hands all night and ran thier mouth while the other corps were on the field.The could not even get off thier hands or close their mouth long enough to give a courtesey applause.BUT WHEN THIER CORPS HIT THE FIELD.IT WAS STFU EVERYBODY,MY CORPS IS ON THE FIELD.BOW DOWN TO US. :sumo::grrr::rock::sumo:

i agree, and if you have the cash to pay off all those former management stiffed, as well as repair MANY ruined relationships locally we'd be happy to do so.

There have been rumors for a while...all I can say is time will tell. dead to top 10 would be cool.

I've said all along, only one person has the connections and respect locally to make it happen. time will tell.

(this is to Patrick...Ed hadn't eplied yet when I began to type)

Edited by jeffsnewjetta

at first my wife and i laughed we were nuts for sitting thru all 27 corps.

by midnight when the show was over, we were glad we did.

if you miss prelims, IMO, you miss some of the best stuff

at first my wife and i laughed we were nuts for sitting thru all 27 corps.

by midnight when the show was over, we were glad we did.

if you miss prelims, IMO, you miss some of the best stuff

Agreed, If I had to make a choice between the two, I would take prelims over finals,.............my interest is in seeing everyone's show at least once,...............

Of all *brand new* corps (no spin offs or defectors from other corps), no one has ever done what Frontier did last year. Ever.

Those of us who were there know what it took. And the fire has been lit.

Well said.

Those of us that have been with CorpsVets from the beginning (or even later, for that matter) know some of the struggles you experienced. From a parade corps in 98, to a few field shows in 99, to almost (should have) won Class A in 00, and winning it in 01, to the consistent finalists always improving, it's been a great, extremely fast and extremely slow 9 years (so far).

We've also spurred the growth of DCA South and are trying to make sure that stays stable.

Forgive not only my poor grammar but my patting us on the back....just felt a sense of deep and strong pride as I look back (and forward) at my corps.

To me, it's not so much about jumps in placements but steadily improving and striving for that perfection (whatever that is defined as) and about entertaining the crowd. I'd like to think we've done that over the years.