"New Twist" to Classic Countdown

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a "vote off" or voting from a list of "prelims" winners. You know, vote in your top 12 from the top 24 vote getters.

I guess that could be like how in the winter olympics there's a prelims and a finals.

I don't know, but I'm wondering what they can do that wouldn't nullify the votes already cast.

maybe if you mess up, fall, drop equipment you can stop and start all over again like in skating.

This has actually happened. Blue Knights during 1996 semifinals had to stop and restart their show because the wind had picked up so much from an oncoming storm front that guard members were getting smashed in the face by their equipment.

ICE DANCING!!!

:laugh:

http://dci.org/news/news.cfm?news_id=61c23...e9-52b7dddbb83c

"on March 3, a new online twist will further engage drum corps voters.

...look to the 2006 winter Olympics for clues.

Hmmm....any speculation? Sounds interesting.

Maybe they'll throw out the high and low votes and go with the middle line up.

Maybe the top vote-getting shows from each corps will be advanced, and will then compete against each other for the final 12 spots? Kind of like how each nation sends their best athletes to the Olympics to then compete for a medal.

I actually think this idea makes a lot of sense. After all, we've had people worried about certain corps like Suncoast missing out, because everyone selected different shows and none of them received enough votes. This idea could give Suncoast fans one or two shows to vote for, and help to guarantee that the corps gets enough concentrated votes to make it onto the screen.

Edited by Maedhros