Voice Coach Needed for Cadets

Byron

How about you just respect her opinion man? I believe that is getting "Too Crazy" <**>

Now for facts. We've reached a middle ground in the activity. I believe that we are better then we used to be, and more creative. But, I will not accept that using things like keyboards and synths to get effects is being creative. I've said it before. :sshh:

You said this wasn't supposed to be for or against amps/voices, right? Yet, I see nothing that will point to this thread meaning anything at all. The Cadets are hiring a vocal coach. Whoopie! Good for them! Yay! YEA! b**bs

What the #^$* is the point of this. It was just screaming for attention. Bashing other people for asking questions isn't cool. Neither are you. :worthy:

I say Good day. :)

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

b**bs :worthy: Exactly.. Not getting into anti amps/vocals thing and everything, but wouldn't that be considered..."cheating"?

I guess one could consider it cheating, but I don't know... to me, it's another staff member for another element of the program. If the vocalist is a component to the show, it seems fitting to me that they'd want someone as credible and qualified as possible to assist the vocalist.

I guess one could consider it cheating, but I don't know... to me, it's another staff member for another element of the program. If the vocalist is a component to the show, it seems fitting to me that they'd want someone as credible and qualified as possible to assist the vocalist.

Thank you for having a discussion with me about it and not reaming me for my opinion... :)

Look folks...(enter sarcasm)..this is what I was looking for..a discussion about it..

Edited by Lancerlady

How about you just respect her opinion man? I believe that is getting "Too Crazy" <**>

Now for facts. We've reached a middle ground in the activity. I believe that we are better then we used to be, and more creative. But, I will not accept that using things like keyboards and synths to get effects is being creative. I've said it before. :sshh:

You said this wasn't supposed to be for or against amps/voices, right? Yet, I see nothing that will point to this thread meaning anything at all. The Cadets are hiring a vocal coach. Whoopie! Good for them! Yay! YEA! b**bs

What the #^$* is the point of this. It was just screaming for attention. Bashing other people for asking questions isn't cool. Neither are you. :worthy:

I say Good day. :)

I'll take synths and keyboards over woodwinds. Infact, I prefer them immensely. Synths can do so much.

Cheating? If hiring a voice coach is cheating then having a brass staff must be too.

As for the judging, I'm pretty sure that the Cadets drumspeak this year was considered by the GE judges (and percussion judges at times), so I have no reason to think that a vocalist won't be.

I would even bet that if vocal solos become the norm that it'll be included on the brass sheets eventually.

I think they should use the same staff...same staff as in brass staff teaching vocals.That's what I mean as far as the "cheating" comment. Most have experience in that area anyway...When I marched btw..they began teaching us singing so we could learn to "sing through our horns.. hear our pitches etc.."..so I know Staff is trained in this area most music majors are anyway.

I would hope that vocal solos don't become the norm but it looks like that's the way it's going...and it's getting ridiculous..to me.

Edited by Lancerlady

Why would they use brass staff to teach vocals? It's an entirely different instrument (brass vs. voice).

It would be like asking your percussion staff to teach the brass or the color guard.

Vocals are here to stay, and it only makes sense to bring qualified staff on board to teach it.

I'll take synths and keyboards over woodwinds. Infact, I prefer them immensely. Synths can do so much.

But, wouldn't you be more entertained by someone creativly playing and utilizing pit equipment to create an effect? I know I would. I look forward to that everytime I watch. And I'm a hornline player!

Pushing a button makes a lame sound that sounds out of place with the show. Don't argue, it definitely does. Think about it, the way you use pit perc. is basically unlimited! :worthy:

Unlimited, how exciting!

Why would they use brass staff to teach vocals? It's an entirely different instrument (brass vs. voice).

It would be like asking your percussion staff to teach the brass or the color guard.

Vocals are here to stay, and it only makes sense to bring qualified staff on board to teach it.

Fine that's you're right to have your opinion..and I'll keep mine. I said, if you go back and read there are qualified music educators who know how to teach instruments and voice..that's what I was saying..

Most music education majors and teachers know how to teach more then one thing...

But, wouldn't you be more entertained by someone creativly playing and utilizing pit equipment to create an effect? I know I would. I look forward to that everytime I watch. And I'm a hornline player!

Pushing a button makes a lame sound that sounds out of place with the show. Don't argue, it definitely does. Think about it, the way you use pit perc. is basically unlimited! :worthy:

Unlimited, how exciting!

Have you ever used synths or sampler equipment before? Please don't put words in my mouth. I'm entertained by drum corps making good music, marching good drill, and giving off that same essence that they always have. I could careless HOW they do it, that's beside the point. And I'm a horn player too. All I'm saying is before woodwinds and the like are even considered, they should allow synthesizers, samplers and drum machines, if amps are already legal. It takes more than "just bushing a button" by the way. Playing an instrument is still playing an instrument.

Edited by Einstein On The Beach

Fine that's you're right to have your opinion..and I'll keep mine. I said, if you go back and read there are qualified music educators who know how to teach instruments and voice..that's what I was saying..

Most music education majors and teachers know how to teach more then one thing...

I'm trying to discuss with you.

Don't get pissy.