2006 DCI Classic Countdown

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't the classic countdown only for Top 12 from each year?

The Troopers were in the top 12 in the 70's and the 80's sometimes... :) 1985 Troopers =a great show...

Edited by Lancerlady

Troopers were in the Top 12 in the 70's and 80's pretty regularly. :)

Copy cat...beat me to it... :P

99 vanguard = TD...Throwdown

Tho I did not see this show live when I saw it, just the sheer intensity that this corps portrayed to me was incredible and far above any other corps from that particular year. And the music is far from dull, very much draws the listener in! :) Great choice! :)

I'm surprised no one has complained about there being no sky ryders!

If this is indeed the list, please just think of it as a history lesson for those who are complaining about certain shows that didn't make it. That 1979 BD show is going to blow you away...as well as some of the others listed. The only one I don't know anything about and am puzzled is the 99 SCV...I didn't see any shows that year....but I'm open enough to check it out.

However, they should change this to Fan favorites instead of Classic Countdown...cause..well...the obvious..

Thank you LancerLady....will be great to see our 79 show on the big screen....indeed a great honor!

Edited by felixh

99 vanguard = TD...Throwdown

Tho I did not see this show live when I saw it, just the sheer intensity that this corps portrayed to me was incredible and far above any other corps from that particular year. And the music is far from dull, very much draws the listener in! :) Great choice! :)

I'm surprised no one has complained about there being no sky ryders!

I'll bite. I hate Sky Ryders '86 didn't make it. One of the most fan friendly shows ever put out. My best friend marched with them that year, and the state of Mississippi was well represented in that corps, both staff and members (yeah, I'm from the Magnolia state, too). Their semi-finals performance was when they peaked. What great story-telling!!!

You described the '99 Vanguard very accurately for not having seen them live! There was an energy, a pulse (like the repeated rhythm of the low brass in the opener), an aura about this show. It was accomplished by the design and the performance. Intensity is a great word choice. I will disagree and say that Madison had a very special product that year as well, though.

No Madison '95 makes me sad...

...again. :(

i agree even though i like 96 i was looking forward to madison to get a '95 or '96 in there