2006 DCI Classic Countdown

I'm glad they have the one corps rule or else it would turn into BD's Through The Years DVD... just playing. I'm glad PR 89 got in, it will make some new fans that night. And what is the Olympics twist? Is a corps member going to come out and say that he performs drunk sometimes?

Lou

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you put too much emphasis on the name CLASSIC countdown. Big deal that some of the shows happened just yesterday. It seems to me that the point of this event is to showcase DCI from its beginning to present day and I love how they do it. It wouldn't be the same if they excluded the present day shows. This is a "through-the-years" kind of thing. You never see a through-the-years documentary that doesn't focus on present day at the end.

Having said that, 2005 Bluecoats is an EXTREMELY deserving candidate for the "Classic" Countdown! And I'm not just saying that because I'm biased! B)

2004 Crown certainly is one of the most controversial shows ever, but I think it has one of the most bad### evil openers of all time! I'm looking forward to that.

1999 SCV is the GREATEST SHOW OF ALL TIME!!! :worthy: Yes, there are a bunch of shows that are tied for the best in my opinion, but I can't wait to see it on the big screen!!! I don't care how many people disagree with me, that is some of the best music ever written for drum corps! And it is some of my favorite drill. And the intensity in which they performed it.... I could go on and on! :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Show that I hope to see in a future Classic Countdown: 2001 Madison Scouts!!!!!

P.S. I'll never complain about the results. If this is what the people voted for then those are the shows that deserve to get played. If you think the results should be different, the best thing you can do is encourage more people to vote!!

Edited by ekleve

As if it matters to anyone, I could care less who's on the list. I'm going to be there to watch because I'm a fan of drum corps. If there was no "1 show per corps" rule, every year they do the classic countdown" it would end up something like this:

20% BD,

20% Cadets,

20% Cavies,

15% SCV,

15% Madison,

10% Phantom/27th/Star/insert favorite other top 12 corps here.

Now that would be fine with me, but how quickly we would run out of shows.

As for this year's selections, I'm not complaining. Why? Because in just over 2 months I get to once again go to a movie theatre and watch drum corps. Obviously the biggest surprise is '04 Crown. But if you really think about, though Crown's show may not be considered "classic" in regards to other more historic corps, it was classic in the sense that it was the first time both amplification of the pit and human voice were presented from a legitimate finals contender. Do I like amps...no. Do I want corps to amplify anything...no. However, Crown's show proved that a corps could include two elements that the majority of drum corps fans were apprehensiive about and still pull off one #### of an entertaining program. They were trend setters. Pioneers if you will. All of you who adored the Cadets "Zone" last year have '04 Crown (and Boston) to thank for making the amplified voice work within' a drum corps show.

Crown '04: Controversial...yes. Entertaining...yes. Classic...in a sense...yes.

Well, I must say that I am quite giddy, honored, and humbled that another year I marched ('79 BD) made the countdown. Thanks to all that voted. :)

I had to look at corpsreps to remember the 1999 SCV show. And I still don't recall it, and I was in Madison!

Geoff.........why I outta......... :P

I have watched/listened to this show 3758 times. :P

Well, I must say that I am quite giddy, honored, and humbled that another year I marched ('79 BD) made the countdown. Thanks to all that voted. :)

Indeed a humbling experience, my wife is telling all her friends I finally hit the big screen....put's me in a better negotiating position :P

Indeed a humbling experience, my wife is telling all her friends I finally hit the big screen....put's me in a better negotiating position :P

LMAO Felix, I'm all over the screen in '79......my kids still don't believe it's me. :P

I'm absolutely thrilled to be a member of a corps on the countdown, to say the least. I'm glad to see 92 Bones get a nod, though I would have put 2002 on the list instead. 04 Crown, love it or hate it (or in my case, flip opinions depending on the part of the show. LOVE the ballad!), it was a show that took the envelope and gave it a good shove.

1980 Bridgemen is gonna be a blast on the big screen, though what I'm looking forward to the most is definitely 99 SCV. To me, this was the show that said to me "THIS is what drum corps is. Now whatchu got?" when I started. Throughout my years, it was always a challenge to me, setting the bar for performance intensity. When I'd take the field, one of my goals was to always look so good that 99 SCV members would want to cry like schoolgirls and hide their show tape in shame. lol :P Those people on that field were definitely a big inspiration to me, not to mention a motivator.