2006 DCI Classic Countdown

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What!?! No 19xx "insert random corps"!?!?! Looks like I'm staying home!!!

crybaby.jpg

Why pay money to see something you're not interested in?

I could take some time out of my day, go to the theater and drop some money to see some shows I'm not all that interested in (I do like the shows that were chosen, but only 2 of my choices are there) on a big screen or sit at home and watch the DVDs of shows that I absolutely love.

I think my decision is perfectly logical.

Edited by TTitans909

What!?! No 19xx "insert random corps"!?!?! Looks like I'm staying home!!!

It won't make me stay home (and I have to travel 3+ hours to the nearest theater). But if Suncoast or Sky Ryders or the Troopers would have made it, I guarantee Crown 04 would NOT have.

If I were to pick a reason to "stay home", it would be because of Crown 04. The fans just gave legitimacy to quartet singing. Crown 05 was a MUCH better show (one I enjoyed a lot).

I don't quite understand Star '93 either. The music from that show doesn't make it with me. But it is well marched.

My opinion. Two years of no Troopers is sad.

Jim

This will make it 3 of the top 4 from 1980 that have made it in in just 2 years. That to me is amazing!
It still goes down as the most exciting year ever to be a part of drum corps, IMHO of course! What a summer, eh, LancerFi? :)

Any more hints as to what the olympic related (maybe) surprise will be?? That could change the line up completely, who knows??

During one of the shows, someone's gonna try a method air and fall on their ###es? :P

Edited by Tank

During one of the shows, someone's gonna try a method air and fall on their ###es? :P

but Tank ~ there's never been anyone who ever tried a to show off in drum corps. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

:worthy:

Maybe they have digitally composited the 12 corps chosen to be together in an Olympic style retreat, during which they will announce (in reverse order) the top vote getters! Of course, I don't know if DCI has the budget to hire Industrial Light and Magic to do that. :worthy: If that is it, and you pulled it off yourself, kudos, Mr. Blair!

well...

since shows from only one corps can be on the classic countdown, and people vote for there favorite corps to appear in the 70's, 80's and 90's, what is left for the 00's? Shows that fans like. You can't vote for 99 Vanguard, and then have 99 Vanguard and 04 Vanguard. You can't vote for 95 Cavies, and have 2000 Cavies along with it.

if you took that entire list up to 2000's, and could pick another show from a corps not used yet in the 2000's, what would you use?

Phantom 03? Phantom - used

Cavies 00? Cavies - used

BD 00? BD - used

Cadets 05? Cadets - used.

I could keep going if I didn't think my point was already clear.

~>conner

It still goes down as the most exciting year ever to be a part of drum corps, IMHO of course! What a summer, eh, LancerFi? :)

Absolutely, it was a fabulous summer and all of these years later the 1980 year is still showing it's staying power!!

I'm happy with what I'll see that I haven't, which is most of these shows! However many that I voted for did win. I went by what people talked about and wanted to see.....