Name the PBS Guest Host

1982 was Rob McConnell.

SOMEONE please shut Rub up....oh, wait...DCI did that when they remastered the broadcast for teh DVD..THANK GOD!!!

Chuck Mangione was 1983.

And that lady from the Martha Graham dance company...don't rememebr the name, tho.

Who was the other guy in the booth with Steve and Carmine in 81??

SOMEONE please shut Rub up....oh, wait...DCI did that when they remastered the broadcast for teh DVD..THANK GOD!!!

And that lady from the Martha Graham dance company...don't rememebr the name, tho.

Who was the other guy in the booth with Steve and Carmine in 81??

Rita Moreno

Rita Moreno

No...Broadway choreographer Patricia Birch, in 1983.

Jim Peck was the "host" in 79, 80, and 81. Rondo was the "expert commentator." In 79 the guest was Maynard Ferguson.

Obviously, Rondinaro and McConnell were told by the producers to jaw all the way through the 82 broadcast, otherwise they wouldn't have done. McConnell is a genius, but a little chatty.

Edited by tommytimp

Man, I remember Carmine Appice...what a disaster that was. :huh:

(I'm sure you meant "without peeking"...right? nyuk nyuk... :P ) :blink:

Edited by GGarrett

No...Broadway choreographer Patricia Birch, in 1983.

Jim Peck was the "host" in 79, 80, and 81. Rondo was the "expert commentator." In 79 the guest was Maynard Ferguson.

Obviously, Rondinaro and McConnell were told by the producers to jaw all the way through the 82 broadcast, otherwise they wouldn't have done. McConnell is a genius, but a little chatty.

A little???? He talked for almost every second of every performance!!

Man, I remember Carmine Appice...what a disaster that was. :blink:

(I'm sure you meant "without peeking"...right? nyuk nyuk... :P ) :huh:

That was so bad it was almost funny.......ya think Carmine may have been just a little "under the influence"??

Curt Gowdy's first year was 1989 and he went through 1993 that was the year of the Kansas City Star. 1992 was the year of the croc, 1991 was reminising over all of the Cotton Bowl's he had done, 1990 was still fascinated by 89's Phantom of the Opera, and 1989 was his debut.

Dr. Charles Webb was there in '86 and '87. "They have put an opera on the football field tonight" along with Michael Cesario. He was so proud of the all white Phantom that he had designed for '87.

I think '88 was just Cesario

Obviously all of these had Rondo as well.

Dennis came on in '94 and I think he has been there ever since. Cesario has been there since '94 as well, possibly missing a couple of years.