Championships in Indianapolis

As we all know Indianapolis wants DCI chapionships for ten years there. I think that's way too long to stay at just one place. What do you all think?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's about 20 pages of "what we think" right here:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.org/forums//ind...dpost&p=1282132

As we all know Indianapolis wants DCI chapionships for ten years there. I think that's way too long to stay at just one place. What do you all think?

I would think its right out my back door and be real, real happy. b**bs

DCI Field Pass

This month's DCI Field Pass with Dan Potter goes behind the scenes at the DCI Winter Meetings in Pasadena, Calif. From debate over rules changes to brainstorming about where drum corps is headed in the future, The Field Pass covers it all. This portion of the show highlights a bold proposal from the city of Indianapolis to move DCI World Championships (as well as DCI's permanent offices) to the Circle City.

Based on the end of that clip, it seems that DCI Executive Director Dan Acheson is all for the move, but another question is brought up. Indy wants finals every year for at least the next decade, with the exception of 2013, when the stadium is already booked by another group. So....if everything goes through...where should they hold 2013? My first thought of course was Madison, WI.

Thoughts?

i was thinking the same as i posted this....someone mentioned creating a "Mecca" (can't remember, think it was Acheson, don't feel like re-listening to it)....doesn't Madison already have that appeal? I've only been there once, and only to 2 different finals weeks, but I kinda assumed the general concensus was Madison was drum corps heaven

i was thinking the same as i posted this....someone mentioned creating a "Mecca" (can't remember, think it was Acheson, don't feel like re-listening to it)....doesn't Madison already have that appeal? I've only been there once, and only to 2 different finals weeks, but I kinda assumed the general concensus was Madison was drum corps heaven

Well, part of the move is due to the buddy buddy relationship with BOA that they've moved towards the past few years... if the offices end up going, DCI and BOA will be housed in the same building.

Madison/Whitewater is the soul of drum corps, though, I agree. :)

Well, part of the move is due to the buddy buddy relationship with BOA that they've moved towards the past few years...

:beer:

Really?

I had no idea that BOA was involved with this offer from Indianapolis. I thought it was the city who offered, not BOA..

Oh wait.. that's right.. you're speculating again. BOA wants to melt DCI into its operations so they can make all marching "arts" just plain marching "band" as part of their greater scheme to take over the universe -- I keep forgetting about that.

Where are those black helicopters when you need them? :wub:

Stef