Why can't we have negative threads?

Simple question I guess. We're mostly adults here. Talking about the activity we all love. Why, for the sake of honesty and such, can we not have threads that talk about some of the negative things? A fortnight ago it seemd there was a new thread every hour asking "favorite consecutive years for x corps" or "favorite non-champion show", ect. It seems that the "favorite" thing is pretty well played out. What about the least favorite? What about most boring? We have theads about show that we think deserved to win, but didn't. Why no threads about shows that did win, but we think should not have?

I'm just curious :)

Edited by G-Cym

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats a very good question

maybe someone should start a

Most boring show thread

or a Non-deserving championship thread

Edited by bd euph some day

It seems to me, as fans, alum, and members fo drum corps, we should be able to tell the differance between crticism of show design, the execution of the members, the attitude of the members, ect. Hearing one say one negative thing about one show by one corps and assuming that person hates that corps or hates the members is a pretty high school thing to do.

Negative threads usually don't accomplish much, other than getting something off one's chest, unless it's accompanied by suggestions/recommendations for improvement, or specifics on the what/why/how that someone deemed to be a "negative"

The Devil is always in the details!

You could say the same thing about "favorite" threads. I would wager more than 75% of the threads on DCP offer no suggestions or help to members or staff. They are just people talking about their opinions. That doesn't accomplish anything either. Positive or negative, opinions are just opinions.

Edited by G-Cym

that's what RAMD is for.

:worthy:

~>conner

Man I hate threads like these. They suck and they're always so god-awful negative. They just don't do anything for me.

hehhehheh B)