California Corps. WOW! did I count right?

Just added "Funkadelics or something whacked" to the list. NOOOOOO just kidding. :P

You are a SCARY man Scott! :blink:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does seem like a lot for today.

However thinking back, 3 cities surrounding Boston had maybe 8 times that amount....including drill teams, etc.

Oh, you didn't include WGI units, that would bring it up or are they mostly related to the ones listed?

California's a huge state, I'm sure you already know that!

"Wow":

North Jersey had, at it's "height" a huge number of very competitive drum corps, both senior and junior. Among those can be listed the Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights, St Vincents Cadets, St Lucys Cadets, Garfield Cadets, St Josephs Cadets, Patterson Cadets, Hawthorne Muchachos & Caballeros, St Andrews Bridgemen, St Patricks Cadets, Newark Woodsiders, Fairlawn & Dumont Police Cadets, Amboy Dukes, Ballentine Brewers and the Carver Gay Blades to name but a VERY few.

"Southie" had, among others, Haddon Heights Vagabonds, Audubon Bons Bons, Royaleers, and Blue Rock.

As far as color guards went, there were WAY too many to even begin to mention, with circuits and contests that spanned the entire state.

The "New Jesrsy States" at Wildwood were "epics" as far as drum corps contests were concerened with, at times over 30 entries in the "Junior Division".

Elphaba

Hmmmm.....with DCI in 07 being in California....that means the DCI tour will come this way late in the season...

Dare we hope for an all California show....when most -- if not all -- of the shows are or near their peak????

I know I'D pay to see a show like that!!

Actually, Bill and I were going to start a corps ourselves. Weren't we, Bill? Something like the Funkadelics or something whacked!

Yes and NATURAL rhythm is a must.

SCV has an alumni corps.

OT:

Is the new Kingsmen junior corps really going to be called the Anaheim Kingsmen Starcorps