Female Drum Majors

Vanguard Cadets in both 1999 and 2000 I believe. At least 1999 for sure.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Norwood Debonnaires always had a female drum major.

The Charlotte Seaward was the drum major for the Peabody Musketeers '62 and '63 (possibly '64).

The Spartans back in the '60s, but I don't know the year or for how long.

The Norwood Debonnaires always had a female drum major.

The Charlotte Seaward was the drum major for the Peabody Musketeers '62 and '63 (possibly '64).

The Spartans back in the '60s, but I don't know the year or for how long.

"Olde Tymme Female DM's":

The Bridegport PAL Cadets had several female drum majhors Lillian Gaudette and Alice Dobson among them. St Vincents Cadets of Bayonne NJ had only one MALE DM in their history which spanned some 20 years, with all of the rest being females.

Barbara Bergdoll, daughter of horn instructor Frank, was the "Concert" DM of the St Kevin Emerald Knights. The Chicago Royal Airs Judi Naples led "The Big Blue" through the early 1960s.

Elphaba

Southwind's drum major in 2004 :blink:

Those who saw her know what I'm talking about.

Uhhhh.....yes. And as weary as I was in the 2004 post-finals airport in Denver, I still remember her walking by in her green skirt, corps jacket, and her boots. Jeeeeesus. :o :blink:

Bluecoats '03-'05 all had female drum majors. The backfield conductors in 04 and 05 were also both girls.

Blue Knights did have one in 2000, as well as the more recent previously mentioned seasons.

Spirit 99 had twins as DM's, one of which was a girl.

Crossmen 97-99.

Crossmen had a terrific female DM named Jill, in the 80-81 timeframe. She pre-dates my Div 1 stints at Bayonne and Star.

Karen

That would be Jill Moyer. She currently does some contest coordination work for DCI and can be seen at shows here and there throughout the country. Interesting side note: her brother is the Major League baseball player Jamie Moyer. Heck of a pitcher!

As far as female drum majors go, the Crossmen have had plenty through the years:

Donna Batchelor (1975-1976)

Julie Gilbert (1977)

Donna Borrelli (1978)

Jill Moyer (1979-1980)

Lisa Battaglia (1992)

Dawn Chapman (1994)

Kara Myers (1997-1999)

Jennifer Pike (1998)

Emily Fleck (2001)

Carrie Blosser (2003)

Rebeckah Terry (2002-2005)

Not to underscore any of the other female DMs, but when someone say female DM, the first person that comes to mind is Kristy Spears :blink:

in 96 Kristy's tan just got darker and darker... if you had seen her at the start of the season you wouldn't have believed it was the same person at finals

Not to underscore any of the other female DMs, but when someone say female DM, the first person that comes to mind is Kristy Spears :blink:

I think she is probably one of DCI's all time great DM, male or female. :)