Who Makes The Best Marching Shoes?

Style Plus are ok, but the soles are really soft--soft to the point where if you step on a pebble, it can deform your sole.

I've used Style Plus, Dinkles, and MTXs, and I'd put Dinkles lowest, Style Plus next, and MTX highest.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hated Dinkles, they always made my feet hurt. But they did look good though hhhmmmmmmmmmm

Dinkles may look more like a "marching" shoe, but MTX is superior in every other quality. We wore Dinkles all four years in my high school band. My senior year, our staff (in their infinite wisdom) made us wear our marching shoes for 6 or 7 semi-dress rehearsals. Half of the band (including myself) had to re-order shoes mid-season. Luckily, the corps I march with uses MTXs. I can't imagine any other shoe enduring 30+ shows during the summer.

I completely agree with him, I had to wear Dinkles all through high school, I hated them. Alot of us hated them, they're cheap and uncomfortable. I'm actually surprised to see Dinkles mentioned in this thread, I thought they were more popular with high schools, more specifically the ones that didn't move all too much. I couldn't imagine corps using Dinkles especially with visual programs the way they are now.

Both of the YEA! corps use Dinkles, and one of them has one of the top visual programs in DCI. They look classier than MTX, which IMO look like small bricks. Running shoes are for rehersal, dinkles for the preformance. period.

Food for thought.... i just purchased Nike's new air max 360 running shoe, and it's worth a try for a tour shoe... a little [a lot]expensive, but by far the lightest and most confortable show i have EVER worn....

Edited by nctarheels05

in my mind it makes sense to have MTX's. Peopl say they're like running shoes or whatever, but don't you think that would add some level of consistency since you rehearse all day in running shoes? to me, going from my sneakers during the day to crappy style plus is kind of a sucky adjustment which I think I'm going to do away with this year and buy MTX's

Style Plus is totally my favorite. I've marched in Dinkles and MTX's as well but not Drillmasters. Dinkles look the best I tend to agree and are a reasonably good marching shoe, but admittedly I only used those for HS band. I actually didn't care much for the MTX's I had to march in for corps one year. My Style Plus shoes however have survived two seasons of Big Ten style marching and a summer of drum corps with only the laces needing replacement. I did have some Dr. soles insertes in them too which may have made a difference. I go for Style Plus.

I marched MTX's all summer

Then went to Dinkles for college band

MAN!!! DID THAT EVER SUCK!!!!

I love my MTX's......I still polish them every week just for the heck of it

What I wouldn't give to sit down with the people who designed Dinkles, look them in the eye and simply ask:

:blink: WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :blink:

Have any of them ever marched a real show before? Have they consulted any of the MEMBERS of their high-profile clients to get feedback?

Seriously. Dinkles. I'll help you out. I know a couple hundred people who've marched with your shoes who would just love to have a word with you.

Not bashing the product here, just questioning the R&D team responsible for it. :)