A drum corps fan's dream

It just might be the ONLY time I ever said "CRAP, we have to follow THAT?" in all of my drum corps career. We DID manage to pull one out ourselves that night though. :) Thankfully. :) Then Cadets. Another great performance. Then Cavies. Another great performance. That may have been one of the best "top 4s" in drum corps history. :rolleyes:

I AGREE 100% Indeed the best top 4 year of all time! I didn't agree with the

final placements of the four, thought Madison was indeed NUMERO UNO,

but in the end I didn't really care...I just wanted to experience it one more time.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would never have figured that out from just watching it...

Yes, well that just proves that you don't need an amplified voice telling you what's happening in order to enjoy the show. :P

I've seen Madison '96 and loved it, but the only show from '95 I've been able to find is Cavaliers, which happens to be one of my favorite shows of all time. If I wasn't so dirt poor I would buy the DVD.

Edited by flashofthunder

i don'tlike proving people wrong butttt

1995 4 95.400 A Drum Corps Fan's Dream: A Day in the Life of a Bull Fighter - El Toro Caliente * Concierto de Aranjuez Amazon * La Danza Pasillo * Malaga Amazon

got to this site and u will find your answer

http://www.corpsreps.com/corpsreps.cfm?vie...orpstype=Junior

Well corpreps.com is not affiliated with the corps or DCI in any way. And when I watch the actual DCI 1995 Championships tape, it shows a speil screen before each show, with the title, a pic of the corops, the directors name, and contact info, ect on it. The title on the screen clearly says "A day in the life of a bullfighter" not "a drum corps fans dream".

Well corpreps.com is not affiliated with the corps or DCI in any way. And when I watch the actual DCI 1995 Championships tape, it shows a speil screen before each show, with the title, a pic of the corops, the directors name, and contact info, ect on it. The title on the screen clearly says "A day in the life of a bullfighter" not "a drum corps fans dream".

For what it's worth, the DCI CD's that year have no show title, just the names of the songs played: no bullfighter, no drum corps dream.

And yes, corpsreps has been wrong on occasion, so it is possible that they just put the popular names/s as the title for 1995 Madison Scouts.

Personally, as a big drum corps fan at that point (I probably went to at least a dozen shows before finals, probably closer to 20), I don't ever remember it being referred to as a drum corps fan's dream. I always assumed that the '96 title was a play on the popularity of 95.

--

doug

No, the Scouts' visual designers made the bullfighter thing up. Cesario WISHES he was that creative! :huh:

j/k

Bingo! B)

As I remember (being that I wrote the program book descriptions in 1995), I was never presented with any info that the show had an actual title.

However, my write-up in the 1995 DCI program book begins with the statement, <<Although Madison Scouts' show doesn't have a title, it very well could be subtitled "A Drum Corps Fan's Dream" because it has everything that increasingly vocal drum corps fans say they want.>>

I'm sure I got that line from Scott Stewart.

This was followed up by, <<As usual, dn't look for any deep concept residing inside the unabashed excitement. There is no concept, because, as it has been said, "Madison" is the concept.>>

I believe Scott gave me that line as well, in response to me asking him over the phone what the concept of the show was.

Edited by Michael Boo