1996-2006 How many corps have we lost

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand they were constantly operating in the red, borrowing money to pay for the season, eventually that catches up with a corps and they folded.

Yeah....and when the corps leadership blows off a requested performance at the corporate HQ of the company was was going ot give them $500K a year, don't be surprised when they pull the funding.....stupid, stupid, stupid!

- Nightfire (you did say regardless of division....you DIDN'T say it had to be a GOOD corps!

- Cincinnati Glory

- Marion Cadets?

Not even CLOSE to a complete list of the new ones.

And why NOT focus more on the corps we have gained? As opposed to the one's we have lost. Are we TRYING to start a negative thread now?

Not trying to start a negative thread, just a comparison of how many lost to how many gained over the last decade alone. It does have a negative side, being that we are discussing folded corps, or corps that have been forced to take a year or two off, but a positive side being all the wonderful new corps that have popped up since 96, or have regrouped.

One of the other reasons for this thread, is that sometimes corps fold and I don't happen to hear about it, or hear a reason for it. I was a volunteer for a DII corps that folded after the 96 season, and while we made a comeback for 1 year in 01, it doesn't look like we are ever coming back. Also there are alot of DII/III corps that are not from the midwest, who don't go to finals, who alot of us here in the midwest just don't hear about them. So whether they are a new corps, or a corps that folded or went inactive, it is nice to have a thread here that wraps all of that up for some of us.

But the main reason for this thread is since there have been so many wonderful corps starting up in the last decade, I just wondered how close that number was to the number of corps that have folded/gone inactive.

How do you define lost in this context? If you include Bandettes that suggests you mean "lost" to competitive drum corps as they continue as a parade corps.

Is your criteria competitive junior corps that have competed in DCI championships since its inception (1996-2006) that now no longer compete in DCI? That would be something we could look up on corpsreps.com.

I am sorry, I didn't realize that last year the Bandettes even continued as a parade corps lasst season. I was under the impression that they had folded for last season, but were looking to compete and/or perform again this season, with some changes. So I had them as inactive last year, but returning this year. Did they actually perform as a parade corps last year?

As far as criteria goes, any corps that was active during the 1996 season, regardless of divsion, who went inactive anywhere between 97 and this year, are the ones I consider as lost.

wow. :feednotroll: