Bluecoats clip!

Well I will say it isn't perfect, it lacks some energy and people aren't with each other on entrances. But you are just an allout BD hater it seems. Runs take a ton of skill and sound great when they are that together with so many people, and they can also really build a dramatic scene with the drill(I just think they need to be more powerful at the end of the run :master: ) I don't understand what is wrong with ritards and accelerandos.... And this music is very emotional, I for one love it.

The accuracy of performance has nothing to do with design. Runs for the sake of having runs is like eating a whole bucket of chicken when two pieces will fill you up.

BD Hater?

Far from it.

Their shows were my favorite EVERY YEAR from at least 1984 - 1995. I REALLY do not like the style that they have chosed to take the last few years. They are just quite frankly bland. While I DO enjoy most of the shows, they just do not engage me like they used to. The lack of melody and flow severly hinder my enjoyment. If you enjoy the music, great. Just don't call me a hater: 1) when you don't know me or 2) when my opinions differ from yours.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I will say it isn't perfect, it lacks some energy and people aren't with each other on entrances. But you are just an allout BD hater it seems. Runs take a ton of skill and sound great when they are that together with so many people, and they can also really build a dramatic scene with the drill(I just think they need to be more powerful at the end of the run :master: ) I don't understand what is wrong with ritards and accelerandos.... And this music is very emotional, I for one love it.

how about we say this... they are both cool clips! anyone have a personal problem with that statement?

i love BD just as much as the next person and they are going to have an amazing show, no doubt about that.

lets let the judges decide which "clip" is better when it gets down on the field this summer, thats when it really matters... and i'm looking forward to both groups immensely

embarassed? certainly not. i'm suprised you think i should be. maybe you are forgetting that there were 3 other people that posted after me that either had no idea what it meant or thought it meant something else... i dont think it was obvious at all- and i'll stand by that.

there are a great many things i could say that i would get, and my friends would get, and my colleages would get, but you would be left scratching your head...

and dont confuse goofy with stupid, my friend. big difference.

hah.....oh man.

It not an 'inside' joke to anyone that when you play 'doughnuts' you're playing whole notes.

Are you a drummer? I hear those guys sometimes struggle with advance concepts like metaphors and puns.

The accuracy of performance has nothing to do with design. Runs for the sake of having runs is like eating a whole bucket of chicken when two pieces will fill you up.

BD Hater?

Far from it.

Their shows were my favorite EVERY YEAR from at least 1984 - 1995. I REALLY do not like the style that they have chosed to take the last few years. They are just quite frankly bland. While I DO enjoy most of the shows, they just do not engage me like they used to. The lack of melody and flow severly hinder my enjoyment. If you enjoy the music, great. Just don't call me a hater: 1) when you don't know me or 2) when my opinions differ from yours.

Ok you are a style they have chose for the last few years disliker, close enough to same for me. But whatever, I guess that's your cup of tea. I do agree witht he lack of melody there has been in their writing but I think this year will be a little different. And they don't just put runs in there for nothing.. It will probably coincide with the drill, and I find them very impressive. Runs give that busy feel to things and will go very well with building drill, I see random spinning stuff come together on a huge chord B)

Ok you are a style they have chose for the last few years disliker, close enough to same for me.

Are you one ah dem der English majors, too? Sorry, couldn't resist the :master:

Don't worry, I got your point. The last statement of mine was just a bad attempt at humor. I try to lighten things up a bit, as it were.

Tried ten different ways, and the clip is distorted thanks to the auditorium I guess. Sounds like any other corps clip to me.

Ok... its likely I was the only one to catch this... just thought it was humorous. if you don't get what i'm referring to... take another look at what is in bold in the quote.

Ok... its likely I was the only one to catch this... just thought it was humorous. if you don't get what i'm referring to... take another look at what is in bold in the quote.

I would like to compliment you for being part of the Bluecoats contra line, that is one amazing section. One of the best contra lines across drum corps.

Edited by aatlb25