WAL MART

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I've shopped at Wal-Mart (especially when getting ready for tour) as much as the next person, to support Wal-Mart through the acceptance of some type of financial sponsorship would indirectly condone their appauling sense of business ethics. Never before has any other corporation bullied manufacturers in the way that Wal-Mart does, not to mention the argument concerning small local businesses. Take a moment and research the demise of Rubbermaid (once a highly respectable American business) , you'll find that the devastating pressure placed on the manufacturer by Wal-Mart was the primary cause. And let's not even bring up the subversive psychology at work in their "every day low prices." This company's malfeasance is well documented and presents a strong case against ever seeking them out as a corps sponsor.

Obviously I recognize the hypocrisy in making such a statement and continuing to shop at Wal-Mart on occassion, but while I can stomach the repeated visits while packing for tour and the acquisition of large quantities of food during a laundry day, the thought of Wal-Mart sponsoring any part of Drum Corps International makes me cringe. Besides, a multitude of other, more appropriate corporate sponsorship options have already been mentioned above.

You've touched on every point behind my previous statement of 'Wal-Mart is evil'. And Sam's Club is affiliated with Wal-Mart, so they're just as bad.

Know who should really sponsor DCI???.... DCT... the Drum Corps Treatment for your lips... wicked pissah

DCI should get a tennis shoe company to sponsor them....why not professional athletes do? A grocery store or big warehouse company that does food in bulk to help out the kids. or something like BJs that also offers gas..etc..

You know, being someone who marches, one thing always brightens my day when it comes into view either on tour, or during spring training. That thing, is Wal-Mart. Yes, ladies and gentleman, Wal-Mart. What makes this shopping supercenter so great? It has everything necessary for drum corps. Bungee cords? check. Gatorade/Powerade/Propel? check. Cheap sunglasses you dont have to worry about losing somewhere on the bus or at a housing site? check. Wal-Mart is pretty much a giant mecca for kids who march (myself included obviously)

I guess the point is... why doesn't Wal-Mart sponsor DCI/a drum corps? has any idea such as this been stated previously, and I just need to use the search tool?

any input is appreciated.

Walmart donates to community groups through their stores.Amounts vary from 50-1,000 dollars once or twice a year based on the dollar volumne the store generates.The also donate items and food in addition to cash donations.

They've been good to us for 5 years. :) < had to use it

Didn't Red Bull sponsor Teal? I know it was a DII just not sure who. Remembered being tossed one from one staff member on the field as we were leaving the field at Night Beat, but now it's a blur.

Anyway, if RED BULL sponsored a corps, why not Powerade/gatorade, blistex (makers of DCT), Coppertone and nike?