Contra Lines

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'96 Cadets....wow. '97 and '95 were pretty outstanding as well.

Star '92! DCP's new favorite! Haha.

BD's contra lines don't get mentioned too often, but they're usually very strong. '97 was a good year for the contras, I believe. I liked a lot of the parts from '98 as well.

BD's contra lines don't get mentioned too often, but they're usually very strong. '97 was a good year for the contras, I believe. I liked a lot of the parts from '98 as well.

nothing against BDs contra lines or anything, but I've noticed they usually dont march much hard stuff.... they always seem to be separated into their own little clique that does its own thing... as compared to what other corps do with theirs.

nothing against BDs contra lines or anything, but I've noticed they usually dont march much hard stuff.... they always seem to be separated into their own little clique that does its own thing... as compared to what other corps do with theirs.

I find at a lot of times they are hardly audible because of all the loud screaming stuff going on.

I dig Phantom's lines from 04 and 05.

~>conner

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned '85 Blue Devils.

Listen to a recording of the last 2/3 of the show (Emerson, Lake and Palmer music, and First Circle by Pat Metheny).

The contras are just there; no extra amplification needed.

Edited by wolfgang

2003 cavs contra line is probably the most technically proficient i've heard. that sixteenth lick in the second movement is . . . impressive.

I have to give a nod to 82 Garfield. If I remember correctly, they only marched 6 contras that year, but man could they put out some serious volume and played some wicked licks.