Marching Dreams!

Someone mentioned this earlier (about hazy memories and wondering if their recollection came from a "still marching" dream).

I have these ALL THE TIME! Weird, combined corps...or someone from the stands comes down onto the field and plays bongos, or I'm a drum major again and the crowd goes wild... Or we're all naked and marching... just weird marching dreams. Anyone else?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the years, I have dreamed that I am back in corps. That I am overaged, but for some reason, that's okay. Or I dream that it's back in the day and I'm 17 again. In almost all of the dreams, I can't remember the drill. Last night I dreamed that I'd left the house without the baby. My babies are 16 and 21. What do you suppose that means?

Edited by xrifle

In almost all of the dreams, I can't remember the drill. Last night I dreamed that I'd left the house without the baby. My babies are 16 and 21. What do you suppose that means?

I can't tell you about the baby dream, but I'll bet the part about forgetting the drill is the same reason I still have that dream. How many times, in real life, did you stand "On the Starting Line", and think, "OMG, I can't remember the drill, or even which foot to step off on!"? The first few shows (especially THE first show of the season) were always like that for me and for several other members I spoke with.

Edited by rrheinlen

Over the years, I have dreamed that I am back in corps. That I am overaged, but for some reason, that's okay. Or I dream that it's back in the day and I'm 17 again. In almost all of the dreams, I can't remember the drill. Last night I dreamed that I'd left the house without the baby. My babies are 16 and 21. What do you suppose that means?

This is a psychological event that sometimes occurs when one has enjoyed something so much you wish you could do it all over again.

The mind digs deep into it's memory and replays certain events that made you either extremely happy or sad.

If by now you can obviously tell that I know nothing of what I am speaking about, so these dreams will do one of two things:

1. either give a very big high or b**bs

2. make you sad and give you an anxiety attack !!!! I don't know......... :rolleyes:

I have these too !!!

Thank God I'm not the only one !!!!!!!

Edited by ODBC

oo! I've had the "forgot the drill" one as well.

Sometimes, there's a hole to be filled, and an instructor notices me in the stands and calls me in to fill the hole.

i have two types of marching dreams:

in one, i am back in the corps, still young. typically, we have just come back from a show, and the staff is unhappy, and we literally practice all night long with the stadium lights on at whatever school we are staying at. i wake up from these exhausted, as though i have really been marching all night!!

in the other, it is a reunion/alumni corps type thing. usually, i am the only one who has aged and everyone else is as i remember them from 25 years ago. i am always completely out of it in these dreams. i don't know where to be, or i forgot the music, or i left my uniform on the bus. sort of a "forgot to wear my pants" dream, but worse, since i not just embarassed, but i am letting down the corps.

man, i wish i could just have a "marching and having a great time like the old days" dream!!

I always have one about going through the the winter camps and then it's almost time for the first show and either I realize it or someone tells me I'm 39 years old and can't participate. :rolleyes:

Probably not marching my age out year is still haunting me. :sshh:

Well, I haven't marched yet, but I've had a wierd marching dream or two...

The wierdest by far was when I dreamed that I was marching in the finals with the Cavaliers. For some reason, the lead baritone decided to go get a cup of coffee(hey, it was a DREAM), and I had to take his solo. When I played it, I messed up and fell over. Then the entire corps managed to trip over me. I remember thinking "Oh no! Now I have 134 swinging ****s mad at me!"

'Twas odd.

Someone mentioned this earlier (about hazy memories and wondering if their recollection came from a "still marching" dream).

I have these ALL THE TIME! Weird, combined corps...or someone from the stands comes down onto the field and plays bongos, or I'm a drum major again and the crowd goes wild... Or we're all naked and marching... just weird marching dreams. Anyone else?

Never dreamed about corps ever!

I had two great eras of marching

Royal Coachmen in the 70's

and 2001-2004 with Rochester Crusaders. Have the memories so I don't need to dream.