caption submission

As of today, you can begin to submit corps caption submission to Jeff and me. Please read the rules before you do. Since there was a few changes, points have changed to reflect this.

Please don't send corps tour yet. I still need to work on that part.

Thank you.

Due date: June 9th

Edited by sburstall

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there going to be a senior tour this time around as well.

(If so, one more corps must be formed!)

Will the Blue Stars be given a point and if so where?

When Esperaza came in, they were given the bottom (2 I believe).

I thought we decided that Blue Stars would not be given a value THIS season. Someone had mentioned giving them Troopers spot, but that would be one heck of a bargain, I am almost positive (not that I wouldnt mind that)--but to be somewhat consistant, I would say do not include Blue Stars this season, and include them next off season.

Using Blue Stars would be wayy too much of a bargain. I agree with the Leaders of DCP-I and let them be abstained for this season. Also, Steve, has the site been updated so you can click a returning member's corps name (By E-mail address of course) and then select your captions or do you have to go from scratch?

<Puts on Flame-Proof Suit because of impending flames>

I would love to be able to use the Blue Stars since I'm an alumn.

You can use them next off season. Since they haven't been in competition yet, there is no way of putting them in their correct place to give them a point value--so it could be fair to use them one way, but not in another. I say, use what we have, instead of adding in corps at this point. I know you have that alum bias hehe. But the same thing goes for Troopers next season (if they return)--they should not be on the caption picks, because they are not fielding this season.... However, this brings up another question... Since the Troopers DID compete in 2005, does that mean they are going to be on this seasons picks? This is opposite of the Blue Stars thing, because we have a corps that did compete, but has now gone inactive for a season.

Steve said a while ago that Blue Stars would not be used for this season, but would be an option for DCPI-8 (assuming we're starting with the even-numbered years next season, that is).