• Blue Devils
    • Phantom Regiment
  2. 2. 1999

• Blue Devils
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
  3. 3. 2000

• Cadets
    • Cavaliers

96-Blue Devils by a little. I just love how the show was put together. Phantom was great. That show made me want to head bang.

99- Blue Devils by the smallest amount possible. BD seemed to be a bit cleaner and it has deffinetly my favorite ballad ever. SCV's Canyon was SWEET. I love that drill move from the second piece around 5:20 in.

00- Cadets with a small margin. That has to be my favorite drum feature ever. Cavies with sweet drill.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it wasn't foggy on finals night in 96, would there still have been a tie? Cause whenever I see Phantom 96, they look downright creepy with the black and blood red unis, shrouded in fog.

1996: Phantom - I think it may be up for debate which show in 96 was technically performed better, but Phantom's emotional element was over the top.

1999: Vanguard - the show that made me want to march. I was in awe in Allentown. I don't really remember being nearly as impressed with BD.

2000: Cavaliers - I really like Cadets... until the "lets stand around and show off" portion towards the end. What the #### was that about?? Cavies drill was amazing, and all the water / waterfall effects in the show really tied everything together.

Yeah, same here. People seem to be pretty clearly decided on that year, but split seems to be because both corps have fans that have decided in favor of their show.

I liked 'em both, but look at the captions. :)

yep, the Cavaliers would have had the tie-breaker if the current system was in place. I loved both shows, but only one has consistently found its place in my top 5 of all time. But I'm a bigger fan of the darker shows and more visually oriented then anything else to begin with.

yep, the Cavaliers would have had the tie-breaker if the current system was in place. I loved both shows, but only one has consistently found its place in my top 5 of all time. But I'm a bigger fan of the darker shows and more visually oriented then anything else to begin with.

Yeah this is why the Cavies have been so dominant lately..you just can't put anything ahead of something so clean

Phantom

SCV

Cavies

96 - Regiment

99 - BD by a MILE if they had good run through

00 - Cadets. Can't stand the Cavies show.

Phantom Regiment 1996- A Defiant Heart (Uhhhh...just listen to it)

Santa Clara Vanguard 1999- Inventions For a New Millennium (This show is just plain brilliant. One of the most "maturely" designed shows ever. No cheese, not even a sprinkle.)

Cadets 2000- We are the Future (The greatest drum corps show of all time, by far, bar none. Words cannot express how great this show is. THIS, my friends, is drum corps)

As for Cavies 2000...yuck. I find it unlistenable. Immature musical design the whole way through. Great drill though.

BD

BD

Cavies

Just me