Drum Corps and Gas

Drum Corps and Gass  

183 members have voted

1. 1. What should the corps do about gas prices?

• Increase Fuel Fund Donations
    • Increase Member Fees
    • Decrease Tour Schedule
    • Sell the Amps
    • Increase Sovie Sales
    • None of the above
    • All of the above
    • Other (please explain)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Common!! LIke no one could figure out what the results of this pole would be?? Gimme a break. Anti-amp Borgs strike again. :worthy:

It's all in good fun.

I think most of us know that the only real solution(s) for the short term of this season is to either cut back on the other expenditures, or to stick the gas fund cookie jar out at the souvie booth.

Amped or unamped, I think we all want everyone financially okay, though. :)

Edited by bawker

I have a question some will think stupid but anyway.

Why do they leave the buses running in the parking lots during shows? Not just corps but buses for any tour/travel groups.

I know they don't use that much fuel while idling but still it always seemed stupid and wasteful to me, not to mention the polution.

Bus diesel engines require a warm up time...depending how old they are that could be as much as 15-20 minutes.

So if they are parked for 3 or more hours during a show they could be turned off. Then stared while the corps is loading the equipment.

us-map2_color.jpg

It's only in a few states, though...but hey, it's a start. :)

Actually, that's only Willie Nelson's brand of BioDiesel. BioDiesel readily available in the Midwest, and a little more sparsely over the rest of the nation:

http://www.biodiesel.org/buyingbiodiesel/r...es/default.shtm

Sell the amps and then sell the pit! If you can't march with it get rid of it! Also stay with the same uniform for more than one year. And bring back the color pre...and the exit... and hey! we used to tour in school buses, not mobile homes...and... oh, excuse me, its time for my shot.

Very interesting....

NOAA Research Vessel is First to Operate Petroleum Free

Congratulations to the crew of the 41-foot NOAA R/V HURON EXPLORER, and to everyone responsible for creating the first U.S. research ship to operate free of petroleum products. This is a landmark effort and yet another excellent example of how NOAA is on the cutting edge of science, service and stewardship. The HURON EXPLORER works in the Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary and Underwater Preserve and is part of the fleet managed by NOAA's Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory (GLERL) in Ann Arbor, Michigan. On Tuesday, just in time for Earth Day, the NOAA research vessel was honored with a "You Have the Power" award from the U.S. Department of Energy.

Powered by soy biodiesel combined with bio-hydraulic and bio-motor oils, the environmentally-friendly vessel is well suited to working in the eco-systems it is helping to research. In August 2005, the HURON EXPLORER completed its transformation from petroleum products to biofuels and lubricants by incorporating rapeseed-based hydraulic oil for its deck crane, winches, transmission, and steering gear, and 100 percent soy biodiesel for engine fuel and canola-based motor oil. Dennis Donahue, head of GLERL’s Ship Operations Group, reported that dramatic reductions in emissions and improvements in wet exhaust odor and pollution resulted. In case of a leak or spill, the biodegradable vegetable oils also offer added protection to our environment. Other NOAA boat operations are implementing similar bio-product conversions.

In conducting research and helping to catalogue shipwrecks that lay beneath the waters of Lake Huron in the Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary and Underwater Preserve, the HURON EXPLORER will help to collect data that can be integrated into the emerging Global Earth Observing System of Systems (GEOSS), an effort now supported by 62 countries and 43 international organizations. Over the next decade, this system will make 21st-century technology as integrated as the planet it observes, predicts and protects, and I am pleased that the "soybean-powered" HURON EXPLORER will be an important contributor to this system.

Can busses be far behind???