Local shows and ticket prices...

Spirit's three shows this summer are priced roughly the same as the past couple of years:

June 23, Powder Springs, Ga. (7 Div. 1 corps) - $25 premium reserved, $18 GA, $13 groups

July 18, Jacksonville, Ala (5 Div. 1 corps) - $25 premium reserved, $15 reserved, $10 GA and $8 groups

July 26, Russellville, Ala (7 Div. 1 corps) - $25 premium reserved, $15 GA, $12 groups.

And NO Ticketmaster to deal with. Tickets are available through dci.org.

Now this is better than $31.50. I mean come on, I'm really tired of being gouged to death.

If I was a rich man, I donate to every corps.

If ticket prices go up, I'll have to attend less shows. I mean, I went to about 10 shows last year, ALL around the country. From Ohio to Texas to Indy to Louisiana and parts in between. Be nice, and at least not gouge...

Edited by jjeffeory

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it just amazes me how Five Star could run Hershey every year before the lawsuit and not lose money.

you got 3-5 DCA corps. You got 5-6 DCI corps. and you always got the Marines.

$18.

in 04, I believe the line up was:

DCA: Brigs, Bucs, Cabs, Corps Vets

DCI: BD, SCV, Madison, Crossmen, Capital Regiment and Seattle.

and the Marines.

and it drew close to 8,000 fans.

with higher prices, i am sure that figure would be lower.

it just amazes me how Five Star could run Hershey every year before the lawsuit and not lose money.

you got 3-5 DCA corps. You got 5-6 DCI corps. and you always got the Marines.

$18.

in 04, I believe the line up was:

DCA: Brigs, Bucs, Cabs, Corps Vets

DCI: BD, SCV, Madison, Crossmen, Capital Regiment and Seattle.

and the Marines.

and it drew close to 8,000 fans.

with higher prices, i am sure that figure would be lower.

We ran our first show at Wichita State University in 1998. We had $5 General Admission tickets available to draw the folks new to the drum corps activity, and we pulled around 10,000. After that, we raised the prices to the average for Div. I shows. Yes, our total audience decreased some. BUT, the total gate $$$ actually increased. You charge what you think you can for tickets to maximize your profit. This is true with drum corps shows, and it is true in any business.

is it just me, or has getting tickets been largely a pain this year?

this has gotta be one of more than a dozens ticket issues that's come up.... :worthy:

"Pain at the Turnstyles":

Yeah, it's nuts. Going "Way Back", I can remember paying a princely sum of $2.00 in order to view the "National Dream" (the old senior-junior show at Roosevelt Stadium), which featured THE BEST of the corps.

I also remember a time when DCI "Prelims" was all of $4.00, and the "GA" ticket was good for ALL the days of Prelims. Yeah, I know, "It's all in the past"....

Sadly....

Elphaba

"Pain at the Turnstyles":

Yeah, it's nuts. Going "Way Back", I can remember paying a princely sum of $2.00 in order to view the "National Dream" (the old senior-junior show at Roosevelt Stadium), which featured THE BEST of the corps.

I also remember a time when DCI "Prelims" was all of $4.00, and the "GA" ticket was good for ALL the days of Prelims. Yeah, I know, "It's all in the past"....

Sadly....

Elphaba

yeah..i also remember a Snickers bar at .10 cents and gas at .55 cents a gallon. Common people...prices go up. What is wrong with a corp hosting a show as a fund raiser? Do you guys really think Crown is rolling in $$$$.

Ticket prices have gotten to the point where I now limit the number of shows I attend each year. Added to tickets the cost of travel and lodging it is expensive to follow the activity very closely. I live in the South so there are not a lot of shows within a reasonable drive from me.

$30 for an early season show seems like a lot to pay for me.

Ticket prices have gotten to the point where I now limit the number of shows I attend each year. Added to tickets the cost of travel and lodging it is expensive to follow the activity very closely. I live in the South so there are not a lot of shows within a reasonable drive from me.

$30 for an early season show seems like a lot to pay for me.

There are three price ranges...if you can't afford a $30 buck price...there are other tickets available.

Now this is better than $31.50. I mean come on, I'm really tired of being gouged to death.

If I was a rich man, I donate to every corps.

If ticket prices go up, I'll have to attend less shows. I mean, I went to about 10 shows last year, ALL around the country. From Ohio to Texas to Indy to Louisiana and parts in between. Be nice, and at least not gouge...

Dude..your not getting gouged..the $31.50 is for PREMIUM seats..in a smaller stadium with limited seating. (simple economics here..high demand, low supply) Notice the Premium seats above are $25.00..not a great difference.

This is also for a GREAT line up. Trust me, the show sponser is not gouging anyone.