Go Brigs, 2006!

As the summer begins in Drum Corps Land, I thought I'd start a thread that could be used all season to talk BRIGS on. We'll have a lot to say pretty soon as we're starting drill in earnest this weekend. We're getting our dot assignments and that's always a little exciting. They plan to get through 50 or 60 charts. They always underestimate how much we can get through in a weekend and we always surprise them. At least they always act surprised!

The Show is Moulin Rouge. It's what some of us have been dreaming of all our drum corps careers. It's angry, dark, beautiful, emotional, and most of all, in-your-face, power drum corps.

I hope you'll all join us as we endeavor to entertain the audience this summer, always our primary goal.

GO BRIGS!!

Scott Mescon, Sop

Brigadiers 1993-

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott I hope this is the best season yet for the Brigs! Your enthusiasm and attitude has been so inspiring and you deserve to reap the benefits!

Of course, I'll be sad that I missed it but...hehe!

GET IT BRIGS!!!

Edited by TrishDish1002

As the summer begins in Drum Corps Land, I thought I'd start a thread that could be used all season to talk BRIGS on. We'll have a lot to say pretty soon as we're starting drill in earnest this weekend. We're getting our dot assignments and that's always a little exciting. They plan to get through 50 or 60 charts. They always underestimate how much we can get through in a weekend and we always surprise them. At least they always act surprised!

The Show is Moulin Rouge. It's what some of us have been dreaming of all our drum corps careers. It's angry, dark, beautiful, emotional, and most of all, in-your-face, power drum corps.

I hope you'll all join us as we endeavor to entertain the audience this summer, always our primary goal.

GO BRIGS!!

Scott Mescon, Sop

Brigadiers 1993-

Hey Scott

Goog luck this summer, it feel weird to not be with you guy's this year !

André

And what a fabulous weekend it was! 41 charts, and the first tune ensembled? Holy cow! :laugh:

I have to say, as a vet that is coming back (and not being at the winter camps) I am truly impressed at the work ethic & energy of the corps this year. I am so glad to be with a hornline that gets along on field & off....this is what drum corps is all about for me and although I was reluctant about coming back this year, BOY am I GLAD that I have!!!

To the rookies - so glad to have met you

to the vets - so glad to see you again

to the staff - thanks for pushing us & making us BETTER

See everyone in a week!

oh and...Evan, that is SO disgusting

figured I'd get a head start for next camp :D

Mary

Well, I'll jump in on this Brigs love fest!!!!

Mary - you're back! Good for you! I hear it's well worth it, on numerous levels. Hope you have a blast!

Scott - I miss you already!

To all the other Brigs - new and old - rock on and have a great time this summer! You've got a helluva show to work with!

Can't wait to see you all!

Hey Mary I completely agree with everything you wrote! Especially the part about Evan!

It was GREAT to be back!

see ya soon

Teddi

And what a fabulous weekend it was! 41 charts, and the first tune ensembled? Holy cow! :laugh:

I have to say, as a vet that is coming back (and not being at the winter camps) I am truly impressed at the work ethic & energy of the corps this year. I am so glad to be with a hornline that gets along on field & off....this is what drum corps is all about for me and although I was reluctant about coming back this year, BOY am I GLAD that I have!!!

To the rookies - so glad to have met you

to the vets - so glad to see you again

to the staff - thanks for pushing us & making us BETTER

See everyone in a week!

oh and...Evan, that is SO disgusting

figured I'd get a head start for next camp :D

Mary

What an awesome weekend, I couldn't be more excited about this drill. I can't wait until Saturday!

Oh and Mary, you might want to type "Oh God, Evan" a few more times just to get a little more ahead ^_^

Great weekend for the brigadiers.Great drumline Great brass Great guard. Awesome tenors oh did i say there is 4 of those dudes now.Cant wait till the next camp. Pat B is available for dance lessons.

Great weekend! Even though the guard was only with the ensemble for a short amount of time Sunday I was VERY impressed with the quiet work ethic during ensemble. Get it sop pod! :)

April--miss you

Teddi--glad to see you there!

Well, I'll jump in on this Brigs love fest!!!!

Mary - you're back! Good for you! I hear it's well worth it, on numerous levels. Hope you have a blast!

Scott - I miss you already!

To all the other Brigs - new and old - rock on and have a great time this summer! You've got a helluva show to work with!

Can't wait to see you all!

April Min

Westshoremen 1990, 1993 (staff)

US Marine Drum & Bugle Corps 1991-93

Syracuse Brigadiers 2002-2006 :D

April: I just couldn't resist!

Scott Mescon, Sop

Brigadiers 1993-

Edited by SkipMebden