what constituted a "concert" piece...

And :P just looked at the Trooper pic again (after I got done looking at the roses ^0^ ). Anyone (besides us olde phartes) notice that there are no yard markers? Not to mention marching tymps and the Honor Guard (American Flag) section.

Nope... didn't notice. For some reason, I was focused on those yellow roses. B)

Fran

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And :P just looked at the Trooper pic again (after I got done looking at the roses ^0^ ). Anyone (besides us olde phartes) notice that there are no yard markers? Not to mention marching tymps and the Honor Guard (American Flag) section.

Why would I focus on what is NOT there when what IS there is so...er..enjoyable! b**bs

I suppose adding a loop of the Yellow Rose skirt flip to the endless loop of Troopers guard pillow fight is almost a given at this point.

What ever became of the SCV yellow rose tribute picture, JoJo? Is it still extant?

RON HOUSLEY

KAC 2nd Baritone

I suppose adding a loop of the Yellow Rose skirt flip to the endless loop of Troopers guard pillow fight is almost a given at this point.

What ever became of the SCV yellow rose tribute picture, JoJo? Is it still extant?

RON HOUSLEY

KAC 2nd Baritone

DCA corps were still doing concerts for a few years after 1980, definitely. In Sunrisers' "Legend of the One-Eyed Sailor" concert tune, 1981-83, we did some movement during the tune, to change sets. (We spelled out S-U-N with one of our sets in that tune.)

After posting this, I realized that Tony White covered the exact same topic a few posts ago. Deja-vu all over again....LOL

Fran

:rolleyes:

"Intellectual minds think alike" b**bs

(that's MY story and I'm sticking to it...hehe)

B)

Why would I focus on what is NOT there when what IS there is so...er..enjoyable! b**bs

Well I won't say how long I was looking at the pic before I noticed something other than the roses. :rolleyes:

LOL, great timing as I just got called a Dirty Old Man on RAMD last week.... :P

I just got called a Dirty Old Man on RAMD last week.... :P

And thats a bad thing??? :rolleyes:

I'm proud to be a dirty old man. It means that I've lived long enough to no longer be called a "dirty young man" :P

And thats a bad thing??? :laugh:

I'm proud to be a dirty old man. It means that I've lived long enough to no longer be called a "dirty young man" :P

My RAMD response was: "And I'll stay that way until I'm a dead old man" (Red Fox playing Fred Sanford on "Sanford and Son"). :P ^0^

Ahh, but I was young when I saw the roses live......

Well I won't say how long I was looking at the pic before I noticed something other than the roses. :worthy:

LOL, great timing as I just got called a Dirty Old Man on RAMD last week.... :P

Of course...those young gals are now the same age as we are...so it's OK! :P