cadets  

349 members have voted

1. 1. Will the cadets repeat this year?!

• yes
    • no
    • i eat children

Winning drum corps shows are all about captions. Who will drum the best? Who will win color guard? Who has the best brass, GE and marching?

2005 Phantom had one of the ,if not the favorite shows of the year. They gave me chills every time I saw them. They just didn't win any captions.

I thought Cavaliers had the best show in 2003 and I thought Devils should have won 2004. It's all about CAPTIONS.

Do the Cadets have the ability to win this year? Yes, They have the same staff that produced a caption sweeping show last year.

Do Devils Cavaliers Phantom have a chance? Yes! It's not how you start, It's how you finish.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the cadets repeat this year?!

Maybe, but I hope not!

Spill some details!

Fielder is way too secretive. :P

He has his reasons :)

If people keep citing the stupid 6 year rule as their reason for Blue Devils winning, I'm going to pull a Dane Cook and start stabbing people in the jaw.
Gonna go with the BD rule of sixes on this one. Gotta keep the trend going! ^OO^

*stabs you in the jaw*

Yes, because everyone knows how poorly designed 03, 04, and 05 were.

Oh wait... will you look at that, 3 consecutive years. And it's time for the 4th B)

Actually, I think 04 was a travesty. That's why they dropped to fifth, it's also why they changed their drill writer. Many even in the Regiment camp feel that 04 was not up to the standards that 03 set. Good thing they bounced back in 05!

Of course, I'm sure I'll be eating my words come summer.

You will. :P

3. Bluecoats

I would love to see that!

Good luck to every corps!

So "bouncing back" is going from 5th (2004) to 3rd (2005).

I'd hardly call it bouncing back.... but, that's just my opinion.

4th, 5th places were pretty much on par for them and I'd say 3rd was a step up!

but, this thread is about the cadets....so I'm again OT. oops.... sorry.

I am going to have to agree with an earlier post.... Winning is all about Captions.

The Cadets swept all the captions last year pretty convincingly.

I have heard almost all of the Drum Stuff. Honestly, I don't think any other group in DCI even remotely has the amount of balls to play what the cadets are playing this year. That might sound pretty Borgish and Biased, but Dude.......I have heard it. I will tell you right now that NO ONE, again I say NO ONE is going to play a book that thick and move that fast. And velvet pants is going make the judges #### their pants. The Only way that The Cadets will lose drums is if they play dirty......I highly doubt that is going to happen.

Again....it all about the Captions. The Cadets have the biggest advantage in the captions.

I predict number 10 for Holy Name.

i've heard really good things from the cavies- and with their show and the music they've selected... if i had to pick a winner now just based on the info i've got, i'd rather put my money with the green team- but thats just me- and on a similar note, its 4:23 am and i'm on DCP... yessss

So "bouncing back" is going from 5th (2004) to 3rd (2005).

I'd hardly call it bouncing back.... but, that's just my opinion.

4th, 5th places were pretty much on par for them and I'd say 3rd was a step up!

but, this thread is about the cadets....so I'm again OT. oops.... sorry.

It's not so much bouncing back placement wise (even though it is, to a certain degree, since the later part of the last decade and the early part of this decade was the worst regiment has been off in a long time) as it was (from my perspective) simply having a better product on the field in '05 than '04. The '05 show was way more enjoyable than the '04 show.

Edited by jake_the_hydra

Do I think they will repeat? No

Do I want them to repeat? #### No (but that's my personal bias)

Do they have a chance? Yes

Is it a realistic chance? Depends on the show (It could be a 2005 redux and the judges may say, been there done that, welcome to 4th, but they may not.)

Winning drum corps shows are all about captions. Who will drum the best? Who will win color guard? Who has the best brass, GE and marching?

2005 Phantom had one of the ,if not the favorite shows of the year. They gave me chills every time I saw them. They just didn't win any captions.

I thought Cavaliers had the best show in 2003 and I thought Devils should have won 2004. It's all about CAPTIONS.

Do the Cadets have the ability to win this year? Yes, They have the same staff that produced a caption sweeping show last year.

Do Devils Cavaliers Phantom have a chance? Yes! It's not how you start, It's how you finish.

Actually if you study recaps, you will see it is about balance in caption placement. As in not having any weak ones. You don't have to win every caption, you just have to do extremely well in all of them.

..........I will tell you right now that NO ONE, again I say NO ONE is going to play a book that thick and move that fast................

Boy, I wish I had the pleasure of attending all the Division I camps like you did so I could make such a statement!!!! :laugh:

fwiw, even if it WAS another frameworks, spin cycle, 007 or my kind of town, I'm ok with that b/c they're all GREAT!!!!!!!

^OO^