cadets  

349 members have voted

1. 1. Will the cadets repeat this year?!

• yes
    • no
    • i eat children

^OO^

Matt,

I'm amazed at how much you insist on being correct.

I mean, agreeing with me ^0^

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to have to agree with an earlier post.... Winning is all about Captions.

The Cadets swept all the captions last year pretty convincingly.

I have heard almost all of the Drum Stuff. Honestly, I don't think any other group in DCI even remotely has the amount of balls to play what the cadets are playing this year. That might sound pretty Borgish and Biased, but Dude.......I have heard it. I will tell you right now that NO ONE, again I say NO ONE is going to play a book that thick and move that fast. And velvet pants is going make the judges #### their pants. The Only way that The Cadets will lose drums is if they play dirty......I highly doubt that is going to happen.

Again....it all about the Captions. The Cadets have the biggest advantage in the captions.

I predict number 10 for Holy Name.

There are many variables and intangibles that will determine the best corps this summer. No person can say with certainty who will win this year, it's just too early. With that being said, I have attended all but one of the Cadets camps this year and I will say they are definately on purpose. They have a very meaty book and the music is really good. If they can transition this show onto the field successfully, they have a real good chance of another championship. Watch out for the percussion section, they are amazing and short of a meltdown they will be very tough to beat. :laugh:

If chili powder comes from chili peppers and garlic powder comes from garlic, then where does baby powder come from? :P

I'm still hoping that Phantom will break its every-other-year habit and come in one of the top 3.

Edited by Skaweee!!!

Mmmmmmmmm, babies. So good fried......

Yes, because everyone knows how poorly designed 03, 04, and 05 were.

Oh wait... will you look at that, 3 consecutive years. And it's time for the 4th B)

Not to mention 1987-1989, 1990-1991, 1993-1994, or 1996-1997.

Just because they didn't place in the top three doesn't mean they were not well-designed shows.

The Cadets taking another title is intriguing, but I think the real interesting revelation of this thread is the 22% of respondents that "eat children."

Certainly, it's a good thing that the survey instrument includes the option, as that whole category of drum corps fans might have gotten left out. One could draw some kind of venn diagram (all children-eating respondents are drum corps fans, but not all drum corps fans eat children). Personally, I always had my suspicions, but this seems to suggest that children eating is as much a part of drum corps as brass instruments.

Interesting.

I just wanted to say that all of you guys are really looking for all of those Corps to be top 6 and what not. Just wait until you see Boston then you will have a different mind set. I saw them recently at their April camp and really incredible things going on with that Corps they are hardcore!!