Cadets '96 Ensemble, Pt. 2

This is a privatly owned site..the owners determine what they consider trolling..you are welcomed to post, but you have to follow their rules..otherwise start your own board..hope you've got $$

You want no moderation..go to RAMD..see what you get.

where do you think the funds come from? Drum Corps World....where do their funds come from?

by the way, it doesnt take a lot of cash to start a forum or developer's skill...just the time and patience. I saw no evidence of trolling, just open discussion and someone's interest in the scoring and why it was so....same type of discussion that could talked up around the tail gate. no fist flying, no bashing, just open discussion. looks like one of the mods was having a bad hair day. human frailty is always a problem in dictatorships.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where do you think the funds come from? Drum Corps World....where do their funds come from?

by the way, it doesnt take a lot of cash to start a forum or developer's skill...just the time and patience. I saw no evidence of trolling, just open discussion and someone's interest in the scoring and why it was so....same type of discussion that could talked up around the tail gate. no fist flying, no bashing, just open discussion. looks like one of the mods was having a bad hair day. human frailty is always a problem in dictatorships.

Hey, it's simple. If you don't like the "dictatorship" that you think DCP is, you are certainly free to go somewhere else and post whatever you like. After you wade through all the troll posts with titles that are too sexually explicit or bigoted to mention here, MAYBE you'll find some discussion about drum corps. Maybe.

And hey, when the original post was closed (probably due to the ridiculousness of the title, which implied that only an idiot could put the 96 Cadets in first place in music ensemble), someone else opened THIS thread. And the discussion you were looking for is happening right now. Without the flame baiting title and tone of the first one. So really, you got what you wanted. Then again, I notice that you haven't really offered anything substantial to the topic of this thread, other than to just complain about the first thread being locked.

So I finally listened to the show last night. I still think something screwy is going on with the tympanist in Promise of Living going into the impact near the end. Nothing huge, but it does make me turn my head a bit. Then, besides the Red Pony tear (which was BAD), there's the tear in Tulsa which is also pretty bad...after the mello feature right as the sop feature begins. Ouch!

Note: This is still one of my favorite Cadets shows of all time. Loved the music. Loved the way they utilized the props. Loved the drill. Loved the guard. Great show for them!

Hey, it's simple. If you don't like the "dictatorship" that you think DCP is, you are certainly free to go somewhere else and post whatever you like. After you wade through all the troll posts with titles that are too sexually explicit or bigoted to mention here, MAYBE you'll find some discussion about drum corps. Maybe.

And hey, when the original post was closed (probably due to the ridiculousness of the title, which implied that only an idiot could put the 96 Cadets in first place in music ensemble), someone else opened THIS thread. And the discussion you were looking for is happening right now. Without the flame baiting title and tone of the first one. So really, you got what you wanted. Then again, I notice that you haven't really offered anything substantial to the topic of this thread, other than to just complain about the first thread being locked.

learn to read pal and dont be so presumptious (insecure, negative people are everywhere today, it seems)....my contribution was in the original. next time, try contradicting yourself more.

I lose MORE mail that way! <**>

Hey, I just noticed your Mt. Union affliation. Is there a marching band or anything similar that follows that incredible football team?

Yes, we have a great marching band here, and a wonderful wind ensemble and concert band. The marching band performs for homes games only and a few band nights. Most of the schools in our conference do not have marching bands, and therefore do not like us showing up at their home games.

Jonathan

Most of the schools in our conference do not have marching bands, and therefore do not like us showing up at their home games.

Jonathan

Who cares what they think? MU's football team will most assuredly smother any and all opponents, so why should some soothing music bother them? :P

learn to read pal

Funny. I was just gonna say the same thing to you. My statement was pretty clear when I said, "Then again, I notice that you haven't really offered anything substantial to the topic of this thread, other than to just complain about the first thread being locked."

I wasn't speaking about your participation in the other thread which was locked. Never mentioned anything about it actually. Just pointing out that instead of offering up your comments about the topic in THIS open thread...a discussion that has carried on quite well...all you did was complain about the original thread being locked. In this thread. Then again, "insecure, negative people are everywhere today, it seems."

• 7 years later...

1996 baritone, here. There's nothing I could have done personally, but I always die a little inside when I think of the tear. This was my only marching year, also. The Red Pony tear happened because of the bass drum placement and soprano placement. That specific tear happened at least once, I think about two weeks previous at a Hershey, PA rehearsal. We could speculate all day long about what would have happened had the tear not happened, but it wouldn't change it. I like to think we would have won...

I never like the Beef part

I’m not for dinner

And I don’t think it would have won, even without the tears

I always think it’s odd when a marching member claims they should have placed higher in a show…so yeah, you saw the other corps perform that night? Cool.

Video can lie and often fails to carry GE