Who was louder?

Highest decibal level?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Of these two great performances, which one had the bigger crowd pop at the end?

• Madison 1995
    • Phantom 2003

Good answers so far. However I do remember SCV in 1982 when they added the Bottle Dance for their closer. The crowd was so loud that the corps on the field had a hard time hearing each other, thus resulting in some bad musical phasing! You can hear it on the album.

Sorry, but crowd noise did not cause SCV's problems. The DM miscued (didn't count to 4) - half the corps followed his cue, the other half did not. It's been discussed numerous times before. The crowd noise was huge - just didn't cause the problems for SCV.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How was the crowds reaction in Quarterfinals in 03 when PR finally threw in the resolution to the chord?

I was at semis that year, and I can tell you that as they closer to that power wedge and the snapped together and took a knee...the ENTIRE crowd instinctively jumped out of their seats and started going bonkers...I couldnt hear the corps...and that was semis night...

haha the crowd reaction for when we threw in the resolution was nonexistant at quarters, because no one was there - we had several hours of rain delays. I still remmember the announcer after BD went on, "Please join us later today for the semi-finals competition..."

Good answers so far. However I do remember SCV in 1982 when they added the Bottle Dance for their closer. The crowd was so loud that the corps on the field had a hard time hearing each other, thus resulting in some bad musical phasing! You can hear it on the album.

Also like to mention the 1994 27th Lancer Alumni Corps....NO PERSON WAS LEFT IN THEIR SEAT! Forget about throwing babies on the field, they were throwing themselves! :blink::blink::worthy:

Now of the two you listed, I would have to go with Madison 1995! What a show! It is my all time favorite drum corps show!

Madison '95!!!

SCV's Bottle Dance was so special. '94 27th Alumni in Foxboro, MA: Yep, sitting in the last row near center, 27th brought the house down with their superb performance.

Definitely Scouts 05, but very close to that was VK92 and SCV alumni corps in 2002. When they finally did the bottle dance(after a couple of teasers), at quarterfinals(or was it semis?), it may have been the loudest I've ever heard. Close call since they were 7 years apart.

Definitely Scouts 05, but very close to that was VK92 and SCV alumni corps in 2002. When they finally did the bottle dance(after a couple of teasers), at quarterfinals(or was it semis?), it may have been the loudest I've ever heard. Close call since they were 7 years apart.

I believe that the SCV alums performed at finals in 2002

I believe that the SCV alums performed at finals in 2002

Thank you, I believe you are correct on that, not that I think back on it. Definitely one of the loudest and most emotional drum corps moments I have experienced!

Madison 95 without a doubt WOW!!

I think that 2002 SCV alumni was also a very loud crowd response, although not quite as loud as Scouts 95. But I think if there hadn't been so many people choking back the emotional tears that night, it may have been the loudest ever. I know there were alot of choked up people in my section, I have never seen so many people in tears at a drum corps show in my life.

And if I am not mistaken, VK 92 had the LONGEST response of any show in the history of DCI, if not one of the loudest.

Sure you don't mean 95? :P