Carolina Crown?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot anti-crown opinions are not allowed.

anyway , its not an anti-crown opinion.

I was stating that because of the complex DCI shows . some people like to reseach the original source music to get into the shows more.

there are exceptions.

Complex? I never listen to the original source music of any corps show and I enjoy them all just fine. Nothing wrong with doing that of course, listening to the source music.

member ?

Of Crown? Nope.

I agree, for every one person that gives Crown a hard time, there are 10 fanboys proclaiming that they're going to win high brass (and some of them are current members :sshh: )

And how is it that people can actually say that Crown is going to win high brass this year? Do they really have the talent that some of the other big boys do? Lots of corps have gotten to where they are now and never gone to the next level... what's there to say that they will get there where others have failed?

Quite a humorous thread. The element of surprise is a nice change of pace for a change. I think there is nothing wrong with not announcing a show for the summer, and just allowing it to be a fantastic surprise when they hit the field.

Although I am also curious, I think Mr. Smith is playing it smart and not providing information for some of the :P "crazies" :P here on DCP to "slice up" before the show is even performed. But, this is a forum and I can understand that generally, we want information to discuss.

I have hired four former CIA agents, who also happen to be former Green Berets, to infiltrate C.C.'s camp and report back what they are playing. If they survive, I'll give you all a full report.

If they don't survive, we know they are playing "Night on Bagdad Mountain". :P

And how is it that people can actually say that Crown is going to win high brass this year? Do they really have the talent that some of the other big boys do? Lots of corps have gotten to where they are now and never gone to the next level... what's there to say that they will get there where others have failed?

Momentum says they can do it.

Very talented kids, experienced - long standing management, fabulous instructional staff, dedicated volunteers, and strong- stable infrastructure says they can do it.

Soprano3, I have no problem being called a Crown "fanboy" I should make a T-Shirt of that and wear it to a regional so you can find me in a crowd. This way, you will know who I am come shake hands with me.

I agree, for every one person that gives Crown a hard time, there are 10 fanboys proclaiming that they're going to win high brass (and some of them are current members :sshh: )

:lol::music::huh::huh::music:

Thank you. You're illiterate if you can use DCP and actually truthfully post that you think Carolina Crown is underhyped on here. They're probably the most discussed, overhyped-at-least-relatively-to-their-brass-placement drum corps hornline on this site. And MOST of the people saying things like that, by the way, are current marching members or staff. Er....faculty. For you to suggest that DCP is a place frequented by "Crown haters," consider it just a few people dissenting against an entire DCP mob of inflated, misguided opinions and overhype.

Louielouie....while you're correct about possibly wanting to look something up beforehand, because I've done the same and do understand the point that you managed to somehow throw in with your attack.....uhhh...you're louielouie and no one takes anything you say even remotely seriously, so don't even bother trying to attack me on here. Your most excellent posting history has erased any kind of credibility you may have on here, so it's not even worth bothering. Tell dcifan2002 we all said hello.

Tone Quality Matters..."momentum?" Uh.....7th in brass the year before and having not really beaten anyone of particular greatness (on a Jim Ott trophy level, that is) on a consistant basis in brass is NOT momentum. You guys have done an incredible job in completely turning around the brass program over there, especially considering the amount of time it was done in, but for you to call the 2005 show momentum towards attaining a brass title is extremely short-sighted, disallusioned, personally idealistic, and for the most part, unjustifiable.

BUT THAT IS NOT WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT. (might as well acknowledge that.)

People will surely take the above as a personal attack, but let me state my sentiments right now - I honestly don't care about the issue. If Crown DOES come out with a great hornline this year....then good for them. I like listening to good hornlines, and so therefore I will gladly listen to Crown's show after the season, if they put their best hornline in corps history out this season. The more outstanding brasslines in DCI, the better. I'm certainly not going to discriminate against a corps in hopes that they WON'T field one; that would be ridiculous. If every corps in the top 12 comes out with a great hornline that have their own redeeming and individualistic qualities, then I'll be happy; it's good for DCI, stands for an example of progress and growth within the activity, and is of course more enjoyable for any fans that get to witness the shows. It would be better for people's individual growth as musicians, even, and so there really aren't any reasons why I wouldn't like every corps to have a good hornline this year. I'm just posting this for the people who will read the previous paragraph and assume I want Crown to go out and fail this coming year, just so I can throw out an "I told you so" or two. No. I'm not like that, and hope they do impress me in 2006. ...as long as it doesn't entail their members logging "anonymously" into DCP and rubbing it in everyone's faces afterwards, that is.

We're like the kid who keeps tugging on his mom's shirt sleeve and repeatedly asks "why not," in relation to this Crown show annoucement issue. If they haven't announced it, there must be a reason, as far as either they don't want to come into the season with loads of hype and expectations and just come out and surprise everyone, they don't want people looking up the original, or some other reason. There are limitless possibilities, and I'm fine with just settling for "they dont want people to know because they want to surprise everyone." Simple as that.

what is up with so much disrespect the last few days/weeks? people with their arrogant comments and feedback. if you havent nothing to contribute, here are two simple words SHUT UP! dont turn this board into another slinging teenie whiney girl fight!

Wow, you just did the same thing you are accusiing "Louie Louie" of......pot, kettle, black.

~G~