park performance venues

We (Garfield) actually played at Six Flags over Georgia back in 1971, after VFW's in Dallas...we stopped there on our way back to NJ (just a alight detour! :P ).

I've had many bands play at theme parks...Bush Gardens in VA was the worst last time...we used to perform by this fountain near the German area..last time they stuck us OUTSIDE the entry gate adjacent to the parking lot...but NOT on the path of folks entering the park. It was silly!

Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ...we've paraded around the park...paid the reduced rate...a good deal for Six Flags, of course. Also had the percussion ensemble play there a few year back.

The band goes to Disney World every four years...just came back. Again, we get a discout, but that is it...plus of course a t-shirt and a plexi-glass 'trophy'.

Same corps,1987,had the day off in the park afterwards.A fun time was had by all. ^0^

We (Garfield) actually played at Six Flags over Georgia back in 1971, after VFW's in Dallas...we stopped there on our way back to NJ (just a alight detour! :P ).

I've had many bands play at theme parks...Bush Gardens in VA was the worst last time...we used to perform by this fountain near the German area..last time they stuck us OUTSIDE the entry gate adjacent to the parking lot...but NOT on the path of folks entering the park. It was silly!

Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ...we've paraded around the park...paid the reduced rate...a good deal for Six Flags, of course. Also had the percussion ensemble play there a few year back.

The band goes to Disney World every four years...just came back. Again, we get a discout, but that is it...plus of course a t-shirt and a plexi-glass 'trophy'.

When I marched in Garfield, we performed at Six Flags in Atlanta and marched the Disney World Parade both in 1979.

When I was in the Westchester Brassmen (parade corps) we did opening Day at Rye Playland every year, then during July and August we did the fireworks show every Wednesday night. There was a few years there that I never thought I'd want to see another firework. I think the pay was very good. I think since I've left the job is now given out to Local bands i.e. Port Chester HS.

PS - it was at one Wednesday night show, when Glen Hazelwood was in the corps and came along on his motorcycle. I jumped on the back, and missed the bar and put my leg against the exhaust pipe. Screams were heard around the entire park!!! Still have the scar today.

Edited by irishcab95

BD did Dismalland....the Tragic Kingdom (also known as Mousewitz by some ex employees) in 84...tyhen had a free day in there afterwards.

I remember forming up behind Main Street and seeing this old guy (must've been pushing 70) in the Mickey costume, head off, BIG cigar in his mouth...totally destroying the image!

We marched in and out...set up on the old America Sings attraction and played a park & bark of the show...DMs on the rocket ride across from us, conducting VERY carefully!

Best moment....Rob Brown (BD5times) running the horn line when Wayne & Jack weren't around! I forget if it was Bachhinalia or La Fiesta that he conducted (Bachhinalia, I think), but it was just a TAD faster then usual!!

BD did Dismalland....the Tragic Kingdom (also known as Mousewitz by some ex employees) in 84...tyhen had a free day in there afterwards.

I remember forming up behind Main Street and seeing this old guy (must've been pushing 70) in the Mickey costume, head off, BIG cigar in his mouth...totally destroying the image!

We marched in and out...set up on the old America Sings attraction and played a park & bark of the show...DMs on the rocket ride across from us, conducting VERY carefully!

Best moment....Rob Brown (BD5times) running the horn line when Wayne & Jack weren't around! I forget if it was Bachhinalia or La Fiesta that he conducted (Bachhinalia, I think), but it was just a TAD faster then usual!!

Wait a minute...They had you do a park and blow of '84 in Disneyland??? My god, the hearling loss of the children!!!

^0^

Wait a minute...They had you do a park and blow of '84 in Disneyland??? My god, the hearling loss of the children!!!

^0^

^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ Dang straight!!

I think we made the overhead tram cars swing!!!

A shame 85 Star cound't've done the same gig....would'a been PERFECT!!