I'm pretty worried right now...

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before the last election, the network news reported that Bush had $35 million in oil and Cheney had $50 million in oil. That's a total of $85 million. Since big oil has had record profits since then, the share holders (Bush and Cheney) have benefited. The CEO of BP/Amaco was on the news a couple of weeks ago discussing his responsibility to the shareholders. He said that is why he gets paid the many millions of dollars he gets each year.

Like I said, once big oil isn't making record profits, I will step up my look for other solutions.

Well Dave, then why don't you become a shareholder also? Join in on the party. At least 41% of the population in this country either directly or indirectly (through mutual funds) owns shares in oil companies, so it is not just Bush and Cheney that are making money like you apparently believe. Also, why is it such a crime to want to MAKE MONEY? Why is it such a crime for companies to make RECORD PROFITS? It is not! Compare the profit margins of oil companies to other businesses, like Microsoft and Bank of America, and then come back and complain to me.

Before the last election, the network news reported that Bush had $35 million in oil and Cheney had $50 million in oil. That's a total of $85 million. Since big oil has had record profits since then, the share holders (Bush and Cheney) have benefited. The CEO of BP/Amaco was on the news a couple of weeks ago discussing his responsibility to the shareholders. He said that is why he gets paid the many millions of dollars he gets each year.

Like I said, once big oil isn't making record profits, I will step up my look for other solutions.

Well, #### I gotta start watching the network news so I can quote them as a reliable and unbiased source. I just saw Katie Couric interviewing the CEO of Shell - when Katie says something, take it to the bank. :rolleyes:

You speak of "the share holders (Bush and Cheney)" as if they are the only guys who have benefited. :wub:

When, oil was $15 a barrel in 2000, and the oil companies had much lower profit margins, did you find any "other solutions?" Why wait until oil profits go down? I'm sure there is someone out willing to capitalize you.

I never said that what they were doing was illegal. I don't care what miniscule percentage of big oil it is, if your making $5 million a year with the piece of paper you own, you're not going to be in a hurry to change that. Give me $5 million this year, and I'll be happy to pay $500,000 in taxes. Heck, that's only 10%. Me, I made under $40,000 and had to pay 28%. There's your economic lesson for you.

Here's a lesson for you.

I'm not in much need for economics instruction from unhinged liberals on DCP. In other words, there's no demand, but a lot of supply.

What is that worth?

I trade stocks for a living, so I live and breathe this stuff. I want the other side of your trades.

I'm always amused by the stereotyped portrait of Big Bad Bush seated at the helm of global oil reserves, manaically controlling production and pricing at will and personal whim. As demonstrated by 81Regiment, such an image is naive and inaccurate, to say the least.

I also find it interesting and rather ironic that opponents of the president typically portray him as a blithering idiot without the sense to tie his own shoe laces yet, when it suits their political agenda, he is magically transformed into an evil genius with the power to alter weather patterns, control our minds, dictate the direction of the stock market, and single-handedly control the global economy.

Thanks for nailing that one, ChicagoFan. It can't be said it any better.

Lovely weather in Chi-town this morning. Too bad I'll be in a meeting all day talking drum corps and money.

Bring on the summer.

I'm always amused by the stereotyped portrait of Big Bad Bush seated at the helm of global oil reserves, manaically controlling production and pricing at will and personal whim. As demonstrated by 81Regiment, such an image is naive and inaccurate, to say the least.

I also find it interesting and rather ironic that opponents of the president typically portray him as a blithering idiot without the sense to tie his own shoe laces yet, when it suits their political agenda, he is magically transformed into an evil genius with the power to alter weather patterns, control our minds, dictate the direction of the stock market, and single-handedly control the global economy.

He could ask OPEC to increase production. He hasn't. Why not?

Well Dave, then why don't you become a shareholder also? Join in on the party. At least 41% of the population in this country either directly or indirectly (through mutual funds) owns shares in oil companies, so it is not just Bush and Cheney that are making money like you apparently believe. Also, why is it such a crime to want to MAKE MONEY? Why is it such a crime for companies to make RECORD PROFITS? It is not! Compare the profit margins of oil companies to other businesses, like Microsoft and Bank of America, and then come back and complain to me.

Let me say this again, since it didn't register the first time...

It's not a crime.

The difference is, however, that Bush and Cheney have millions invested in oil, unlike the vast majority of the 41% of the U.S. population and they make millions from it each year, unlike the vast majority of the population. Unlike Microsoft and Bank of America, the price of oil affects the price of virtually everything else. The oil companies say it is demand that is driving up the prices. That demand is artificially produced by the restrictive production that OPEC has created. Bush and Cheney could ask and even pressure the middle east to increase production, as other administrations have. They don't. Why not?

Well, #### I gotta start watching the network news so I can quote them as a reliable and unbiased source. I just saw Katie Couric interviewing the CEO of Shell - when Katie says something, take it to the bank. :huh:

You speak of "the share holders (Bush and Cheney)" as if they are the only guys who have benefited. :laugh:

When, oil was $15 a barrel in 2000, and the oil companies had much lower profit margins, did you find any "other solutions?" Why wait until oil profits go down? I'm sure there is someone out willing to capitalize you.

What figures do you have? From what sources? You have mentioned none.

I think all solutions should be utilized. I think we should move quickly from fossil fuels to renewable, clean energies. We should not wait. That will still take time and the oil companies spend boat loads of money in lobbying our government to stifle R and D in those possibilities.

So, instead of corps touring with busses that run on rechargeable battaries, they are now paying higher prices for gas.

Here's a lesson for you.

I'm not in much need for economics instruction from unhinged liberals on DCP. In other words, there's no demand, but a lot of supply.

What is that worth?

I trade stocks for a living, so I live and breathe this stuff. I want the other side of your trades.

Now you are resorting to name calling, and you call me unhinged? I am expressing my opinion, which is different from yours. Apparently, you don't think I am entitled to express my opinion. Sorry that I won't fall into the rank and file. America is not a drum corps and Bush is not the drum major.

There's no demad for oil? :laugh:

You want the other side of my trades? You mean the big money for the 10% tax rate? How about we all get that? Then we would have more money to pay for gas. So would Blue Devils, Scouts, East Coast Jazz and the Citations.

Edited by DrumCorpsFan27