Do vets ever not make the cut?

"This Is 'Drum Corps'":

And you know what: It's SAD. The days of "We take care of our own" and "Gratitude" are long gone. The "Nature of the Activity": "Be the best?"

I think not. It's WIN AT ALL COSTS.

Wrong.

If you don't care enough about being in the corps to practice and maintain your skills in the off-season, then tough cookies, other people are willing to do it and they deserve the chance.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heard bluecoats dropped 5 or 6 vets from the brass line in 2005 because of the very talented group that auditioned...

heard bluecoats dropped 5 or 6 vets from the brass line in 2005 because of the very talented group that auditioned...

Nope, we're 0 for 2 here.

:)

I heard the Bluecoats make everyone play all 36 minor scales 3 octaves at 195 bpm, and if you can't do it perfectly the brass staff bludgeons you with a broom stick.

True. 'Cept for the broomstick. It's a crowbar named Gunther.

Rubble?

-meghan

about the PR guard cuts..

according to my friends that march(ed) there...if the SCV or new girls auditioning were more talented, then the vet spots were up for grabs. I dont know of a lot of vets that were cut, but I do know of some that were once on weapon, but then became "flag-tastic".

I heard the Bluecoats make everyone play all 36 minor scales 3 octaves at 195 bpm, and if you can't do it perfectly the brass staff bludgeons you with a broom stick while making lewd jokes about your mother.

There we go....1 for 3.

They USUALLY make you do it naked, but since it's not a definite thing, I'll still give you the point.

"This Is 'Drum Corps'":

And you know what: It's SAD. The days of "We take care of our own" and "Gratitude" are long gone. The "Nature of the Activity": "Be the best?"

Elphaba

Here's a second thing to think about..... what about those vets that leave to audition somewhere else (so they can chase after that illusive championship ring), don't make it, then try to come back? Corps loyalty these days have gone out the window with alot of folks.

*in my best Linda Richmond "Coffee Talk" voice*: Discuss

"This Is 'Drum Corps'":

Elphaba

"Posting Etiquette":

I wish you "would" stop using quotation "marks" around phrases "that" don't even need "them." Please "stop" posting "like" that.