Anyone heard of this corps?

While researching something else, I found a corps that placed 26th in prelims at the 1973 championships. This corps' name is.. is...

The Thing <----- :laugh: b**bs

I now have a new favorite corps of all time! There's no info on them from corpsreps.com. I MUST see pics or know what shows they did. hehehe Anybody hear of them?

They DID place 7th in Drums in prelims that year.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Thing merged and changed and is now known as a corps we know and love called 'Pioneer'

3 people answered at the same time....so I'll delete my answer.

Edited by shostahoosier

While researching something else, I found a corps that placed 26th in prelims at the 1973 championships. This corps' name is.. is...

I now have a new favorite corps of all time! There's no info on them from corpsreps.com. I MUST see pics or know what shows they did. hehehe Anybody hear of them?

The Thing was a merger between St Patrick Imperials and Cederburg Thunderbolts. They also kept both uniforms which St. Patricks Green/black Thunderbolts red white and blue and they were huge!!!!

Which all morphed into a yellow and green uniform later. They are now called Pioneer

Info on The Thing is under Pioneer. See Pioneer History page for some information.

The Thing was formed somewhat hastily out of two corps in Wisconsin. They had a brief fling with mediocrity, but then morphed into "Pioneer."

There are pictures of The Thing in the Historical section of these forums. They had a couple of uniforms, some kind of whacky. I actually competed

against the Thing in like 1976 or so. Maybe by that time they had become Pioneer, though, with the floppy hat and the T-shirt uniform.

You could also check with the Pioneer website for more info.

Well, I have a message for Pioneer: change your name back to The Thing ( :laugh: ), lose the Irish theme (it's getting you nowhere) and base a show around, say, a crawling cut-off hand.

omg, I love this name. b**bs

Hahahahahahaa.

I vote yes....why not? Definitely a unique image within DCI; having all these weird colored uniforms on the field; they could probably be used for interesting visual effects. It's probably an easier corps image to succeed with than the Irish thing.

Yes, they should definitely change their name back to The Thing. Then they should schedule a one time only contest at the end of the season with only the Crossmen as their competition. They could bill it "The X-Men vs. The Thing."

:)