Cadets' New Sound Clip

Well sure, and I try not to do that!

I don't care for singing in drum corps...but I base that statement on previous evidence. I have not liked it in the past (in both the corps AND the band world), thus it stand to reason that odds favor I will not like it this time around.

I'll always give it a shot. Always. But if I do, in fact, come away not liking it after viewing the product at the San Antonio show...will that make me closed minded?

Everybody has an opinion. At least yours will be formed after you see the corps rather than all of these people who have already formed theirs before the Cadets had even MOVED IN!

It's ok to dislike the Cadets...but at least watch them first a few times.... (see me hating 2004 Cadets) :P

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds leaps and bounds better than the old recording. You people are nuts. The old recording left me feeling kinda "meh" about the entire thing, but this one has made me kinda excited about it. I look forward to seeing it live and cleaned up!

Dear lord...this is horrible. Much worse than I ever could have imagined. It sounds like a water buffalo wandered into the horn arc.

Wow. Thanks for the dazzling simile. It's really...something. Um...yeah. :feednotroll:

My daughter is at The Cadets this year and she has said that the recordings do nothing for how good the music and singing actually are. Her comment about the singer was "she is really really good".

If you are wondering about other show music I see that Magic has up a video from their past camp with drill and music.

Again, I'm sure the singer is quite good. If you would have read the previous comments the concern is not with this young lady, but the design of the segment that was posted.

And I certainly hope you aren't trying to relate my dislike for this performance segment with another corps, such as Magic.

Location of the mic doesn't change the face that they have intonation issues

Intonation issues in May? They won't even break into the top 30 at this rate!

PS - hornlines sound bad until they have lived together for a while

Everybody has an opinion. At least yours will be formed after you see the corps rather than all of these people who have already formed theirs before the Cadets had even MOVED IN!

It's ok to dislike the Cadets...but at least watch them first a few times.... (see me hating 2004 Cadets) :P

Yeah, it took me a while to enjoy the 04 show, and that goes to with the 05 (even with the mics, drum-singing and that door). But yeah, Im sure The Cadets will have some tricks up their sleve to make me from :blink: to b**bs

Yeah, it took me a while to enjoy the 04 show, and that goes to with the 05 (even with the mics, drum-singing and that door). But yeah, Im sure The Cadets will have some tricks up their sleve to make me from :blink: to b**bs

or maybe not...hmmm.

The Cadets posted a sound clip.

People listened to the sound clip.

They judged the sound clip.

If they didn't like it, don't get on their case about it.

That's like someone waiting all season to judge a corps' show..

They see the corps at finals.

They don't like the show.

And they say that they don't like the show.

Someone then comes along and tells them they're wrong, and can't judge the show until a few years has passed.

People are not judging the show..

They're judging the clip that was posted.

</thread>

Edited by sobe