Woodwinds or no woodwinds?

Woodwinds or no woodwinds  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Should DCI ever incorporate woodwinds?

• No, never, not any time for any reason
    • Well, maybe for solos only
    • Yes, bring them on in, let's be like everyone else

Except there are thousands of flute players, clarinet players, sax players who already march...and may want to march with the best in the world...it's not that big a deal to add them to drum corps, esp in a new division.

and there are millions of baseball players who may want to play football...do we change the sport entirely for them? no we do not

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that doesnt make it evolution. that says that the powers that be are so creativly stifled that they cant think of anything else and have to add new toys to make things work.

I have not seen 'creatively stifled' staffs. Sometmes things are just plain good ideas...amps...amplified voice...WW...electronics...being four prime examples.

Where has THAT happened? I have yet to see one 'hole' shot through the 'amps proposal'.

BTW...it is no longer a "proposal"...it's part of the drum corps activity.

it happens in every thread on the topic, you just choose to ignore it

I have not seen 'creatively stifled' staffs. Sometmes things are just plain good ideas...amps...amplified voice...WW...electronics...being four prime examples.

yowza. yet these great idea you cite already in place are causing more fan dissension than Star 93 did

it happens in every thread on the topic, you just choose to ignore it

No, sometimes people such as yourself make assertions, almost all of them just plain old opinions. That's fine...but it is not shooting anything full of holes...it's just opinions.

well we've seen my opinion shared more than yours.

Prove that there is more dissension today...DCI attendance numbers show otherwise.

I beg to differ...what was the number at finals last year and what was the number in 1987, 1993, 1999?

to further...what were total spectators throughout the season, although there are less shows now than there were 20 years ago, even percentage wise it is a lower number.

Except there are thousands of flute players, clarinet players, sax players who already march...and may want to march with the best in the world...it's not that big a deal to add them to drum corps, esp in a new division.

Except that you are the only one proposing a separate division. While the powers that be in DCI have discussed adding woodwinds, no one is discussing separate divisions.