Best original music in DCI?

Good to see all the love for '85 Suncoast. Now...

LET'S GET IT ON THE BIG SCREEN!!!

B)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, who are they. I might know them as well.

I probably do too...ive worked with a lot of these guys, including many of the staff (Smith, Murray, Davis, Scaraborough, Flewell, Ford, Matthews, Rainer, Viano etc.) , over the years.

I have the original percussion score from both 85 and 86...one looks like a high school book, the other looks like a contender for the high drums.

Edited by walder

the contra is richard davenport he has a close up on the 85 dvd

Ok, well, while I don't KNOW Rich, I certainly know OF him. I may have met him a couple times, but I know who he is.

Heh, ok, back on topic...

Probably my favorite purely original works are 2001-2003 Cavaliers. Those are some of my favorite shows ever, and especially in 2001 and 2002 get more play than just about any show I have. Yes, that goes for the CD's.

Honorable mentions to the Suncoast years, as others have mentioned. I think my favorite of the shows I've listened to would be 1988.

The other shows I've really enjoyed have been BK the last few years. 2004 was really great original music, even if the pit was a bit overbalanced.

Does Boston '03 count? That was a really neat "reinterpretation" of some familiar pieces.

Suncoast 85

Cavaliers 01