Cheesy GE From The Past

Mark, maybe Sean, Josh, and I should get a metal detector and do a little digging behind TL Brown once Blast leaves for the Japan. Sooner or later they are going to lease the place out. This could be are last chance for a 'treasure hunt'.

Of course if we find one, what do we do with it?

You could always incorporate it into the closer, maybe turn it face down and add a floor for a round stage. :P

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean these elephants posing for the picture? Say Cheese!!!!!!

post-8-1065015249.jpg

I could reply with the picture of the "unmasked" pink elephant taken a few months before the gala, but I want to play again someday!! :sshh:

• 2 years later...

I..:worthy:

"NIXON'S BAACCKK" !!!!! :laughing:

(From my FAVOURITE EPISODES of "FUTURAMA"...)

Can't pass this one up ! (Some say that I was "The KING of CHEESE"...)

HISTORY and some re-memories will follow...

"D.M. DANIEL" :worthy:

Edited by chefdan

How about we take it back a bit ... 1973, St. Rita's Brassmen.

They did a take off of on old silent movies with the "Perils of Pauline". They had a mustachioed villain, a girl tied to a saw mill (with a cymbal painted to look like the blade), and a hero who rides to the rescue.

Actually, I didn't think it was chessy ... It was pretty frickin' cool, and the corps was very good. It pre-dated the Bridgemen's campy antics by three years.

How about North Stars' gigantic lips during "Sir Duke" in 1978?

Yes, that was DEFINATELY a hoot at the time ( still is )

( and as an aside, Stevie Wonders tribute to Duke Ellington, ie " Sir Duke " played by the North Star was a GREAT entertaining piece by this Corps for their closer too )

I judged in the Garden State Circuit back in the late 70's through 80'ish. One corps playing "Land of Make Believe" (didn't they all back then...or at least some sort of Mangione! :laughing: ) decided to outfit some guard to look like Mighty Mouse, Little Boy Blue, Uncle Remus and Snow White.

Now THERE was a case for a micced vocalist to sing the tune's lyrics so people would know what the heck that was all about! :worthy:

How about '79 Bridgemen catering to the southern crowd in Birmingham by a Confederate win during their "Civil War Medley". Certainly didn't warrant a grin from a competitor's standpoint. The crowd went nuts.

Funny thing about that whole deal was that the whole Civil War Suite didn't go over too well with the crowd most of the season ... The corps crossed the Mason-Dixon line and all of a sudden the fans went nuts.

Had to hand that one to Hoffman. He understand what his finals audience was going to be and had the huevos to put it out there.

Funny thing about that whole deal was that the whole Civil War Suite didn't go over too well with the crowd most of the season ... The corps crossed the Mason-Dixon line and all of a sudden the fans went nuts.

Had to hand that one to Hoffman. He understand what his finals audience was going to be and had the huevos to put it out there.

That was one of the best " cheese " !

Didn't the Bridgemen change that skit and have the South " win " the Civil War Suite at Finals...... which were in Birmingham, Ala. ?

Talk about knowing how to pander bigtime to a crowd with " cheese " and the crowd eating it up with laughter and sheer enjoyment !

Edited by BRASSO