Marching Impressions

Quick......someone please show him how to Jazz Run properly! His interpretation of a Cavalier Jazz run looks like a bad high school attempt with no formal training. :sshh:

Also his interpretation of Cadets back-march is all wrong too. Perhaps he confused it with (again) a bad high school want a be......BUT I guess it's fun to make fun of other groups who are very good.

It is.

Drum Corps is a competitive activity, and a little friendly joking around about your competition IS fun.

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure he was exagerating on purpose.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick......someone please show him how to Jazz Run properly! His interpretation of a Cavalier Jazz run looks like a bad high school attempt with no formal training.

haha guess he hit it on the head with that one

haha, yeah - he marched with a pretty okay corps

It is.

Drum Corps is a competitive activity, and a little friendly joking around about your competition IS fun.

The Cadets back up roll technique was may favourite part!!

It is.

Okay, I get it. It can be funny if it's done right. I'm sure we did stuff like that "back in the day". In fact, I remember a guard instructer who shall remain nameless periodically poking fun at a few corps doing double flag routines.

The funny thing is, I didn't recognize that the dude was poking fun of a "cavaliers" jazz run. :blush:

Come on, bring on some more! Bottom line, it really shows off the diversity of marching style in our activity today. b**bs

Well, I finally broke down and watched it.

There were more laughs in the Jeffrey Dalhmer trial.

Edited by Michael Boo

Awww, be nice to the bando. He was just kidding around. They are the future. :) I doubt any one of us could have done better in our bando days. I couldn't have.

Cadets backwards roll is ridiculously hard to master. That's what I looked like for the first few weeks of it. I giggled at the others, but that back roll is a #####, so it's not his fault.