Tale of a Drum Line (SCV)

one of the most underrated SCV shows ever

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can STILL chuckle everytime I read that story...and I've read it plenty of times. That points to Lee's great ability as a writer...

Wow, that's an awesome story.

Go Drumline.

Not sure I'd agree with you there. That is the ONE SCV show that I have never been able to get into.

to each their own. I had a chance to see them early that year, and Lee's right...they sucked.

by finals week, seeing the growth, the show really grew on me. In fact, in one area I feel it never gets it's due is it is the one show that really started the trend of drumlines moving a lot during the features...before that most arced up and rammed...here, SCV rammed and ran!

History is yet again repeating itself for Lee, yet this time it is for the Renegades snare line. The recovery they are in the process of making will be no doubt in my mind nothing short of epic. DCA will witness a drum line from the Renegades never seen before. :laugh: IMHO.

Mom

[Was] it REALLY that bad??

Sure was. I remember coming off the field at what I think was Vanguard's home show and seeing maybe two snares finish the feature followed by what sounded like some random rim shots. Growing up and being in awe of Vanguard I was in shock to see the drumline (the whole corps really) in this state. Needless to say we were not worried about Vanguard's score that night, but as Lee told they cleaned our clock (along with everyone else's) at prelims.

Lee: What was the secret to the improvement in the line? Was the staff "relentless", as you put it, throughout the season? Was it the fact that everyone knew they were in serious trouble in the beginning of the season and just worked their butts off all season? Thanks.

Lee: What was the secret to the improvement in the line? Was the staff "relentless", as you put it, throughout the season? Was it the fact that everyone knew they were in serious trouble in the beginning of the season and just worked their butts off all season? Thanks.

I don't want to speak for Lee--but it's apparent to me in the story that it was tenancity that won the day for them. They just never gave up.