Crossmen 2006 Clip

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sops were having a rough time.,, don't know thier parts yet. Battery was quite the groove machine, though.

The Good:

Crossmen + Metheny = YUMMY!! No way you can really screw that up. I like the arrangements as well. Drumline was also groovin' right along pretty well.

The Bad:

As mentioned above the sops had a rough run. How do you not know your parts this far into the season?

The Ugly:

General brass performance issues. Some can probably be attributed to playing indoors, and we don't know how hard they were pushed in practice that day, but to my ears, as of right now, that is not a finalist caliber hornline. It sounds very raw and immature.

HAVING SAID THAT...I really like the show so far and I can't wait to see it in a few weeks!

There is a reason that most corps outside of the top 6 or so don't typically post many preseason videos or sound clips. This is it.

That being said, I don't think it's quite as bad as usmpiano makes it out to be. The Crossmen moved in a day or two before that performance, I would imagine that by sunday afternoon their faces aren't feeling too friendly, I know mine never did on the Sunday after a camp (Which is what it adds up to).

This is essentially them being thrown on a stage in front of cameras and lots of people for show and tell at the end of a camp, and when taking that into consideration it's not horrible.

Whether or not they'll be a finalist caliber hornline this year is yet to be seen. They have a lot of work ahead of them, and these days there are a lot of corps out there battling for a spot in finals. I would wager though that they aren't THAT far ahead or behind anyone else that has moved in 2 days prior to a performance.

I love the arrangements! Yes, the upper brass sounded like they had a little intonation problems. Could be an endurance thing that I'm sure will be worked out over the course of the summer.

In the words of Randy Jackson....."they work it out dawg"

Not the best brass performance I've ever heard, but the great news is they can only go up from here. I can't wait to compare the finals recording with this. I'm sure they'll slip back into the Top 12.

Good job Crossmen. This is going to be a fun show to listen to. Metheny and Crossmen make for a great pairing.

Thanks for making the video available so early in the season. I for one appreciate groups doing this even if the performances are not nearly as good as we know they will be in a few weeks.

Would love to see you back in the top 12

The sops were having a rough time.,, don't know thier parts yet.

yah, they were struggling pretty bad at times. it is only one clip though. interesting to see how it'll be when they're on the field truckin around at a high speed. i see water in the future.