8. Knights of Noble Callahan 47.00

-------------------------------------

That's all I have guys.....

Pgh Guy Bari 2

Extraordinaire

Friend of SlyCooley1

PADCHOF

John G

So THAT's what happened at 1985 ICA. I was there with the AF section and all I remember is it poured and retreat was either an empty field or DM only.

1985 ICA Champs aka Erie Monsoon Fest :blink:

So THAT's what happened at 1985 ICA. I was there with the AF section and all I remember is it poured and retreat was either an empty field or DM only.

1985 ICA Champs aka Erie Monsoon Fest :bleah:

I was lucky to have seat under the pressbox that day,....................although I think it rained harder for the DCA show we held last year?,..............

here is a trrivia question (I do not know the answer):

What year did Empire use an Electric Bass?

1985. Took a 2-point penalty every time out.

Edited by Storkysr

I was lucky to have seat under the pressbox that day,....................although I think it rained harder for the DCA show we held last year?,..............

here is a trrivia question (I do not know the answer):

What year did Empire use an Electric Bass?

D'Andrea's in Rochester.........Oh Crap....you wanted the year.....(nevermind)

1985. Took a 2-point penalty every time out.

Yep, only year we did ICA shows when I was in Main Guard (long story).

Empire went for the GE that year as they also had Uncle Sam on stilts. Only remember that because of an ICA show in West Hillbillie, NY (town looked like it anyway) :P . Corps left the field after retreat and marched behind the stadium where there was poor lighting and pot holes big enough to swallow cars. "Uncle Sam" left with the corps walking on his stilts and had to make sure he didn't break his neck out back.

And we were taking bets if he would fall on his face or butt. ^0^

:bleah:

I remember the '83 and '84 seasons in ICA. We went out to a show in Midland, PA(?) for the 1st time we ever got to compete against Steel City, Brass Factory and a couple of other corps I can't remember..Neat town, except for the nuclear power plant in the distance. I know Brass also went to Alliance, OH for the Brass Factory show..but my wife and I couldn't go, it was her 10 year HS reunion..I guess I missed a big time faux pax by a prominent member of the corps...ooops!

The '84 ICA trip to Towson was fabulous..I don't think anyone expected to hear a 28 member hornline put out so much sound!!! When we were at the auxiliary field at the college doing a run through of our closer, as soon as we hit the opening chord, people started flocking in from every other corps there..Lots of jaws dropping and eyes popping.

As usual, a 5th place finish..1st in drum execution, but 5th in brass and M&M.

MIDWEST PENALTY!!

I'm still trying to find someone who might have the recording from that show..MBI's new honchos need a history lesson from that Todd Tanji / Jim Kozlowski hornline.

That was the year Roger became a star! Bari AND sop solos in the same tune! :bleah:

Pat

That was Shippenport Nuclear Facility, Pat. the first commercial nuclear plant in the US. I was at that show too, of course. Daytime show IIRC, the field didn't have lights.

Alliance show - was that a Sunday afternoon show? I seem to recall Steel city having a Saturday night DCA show in mid - PA (where we were introduced to the Westshoremen Underwear Parade and the crazy bass drummer with the knife spinning 'talent' , then driving all night to get to Alliance.

Towson was great! Got my first taste of real lump crab casserole there - Dave Fite (SCA business manager) insisted on finding good crab somewhere instead of going to McDonalds before the show.

I think at one time I had a cassette of that show - I'll look around and a copy is yours if I can locate it.

bass drummer? kelbaugh??