First score contest

Of course, you could always start out by writing a better show in the first place.

Work smarter....not harder

That's not really how it works in drum corps anymore...

If you don't change your show midway through the season, you "max" it out or peak too early...or you stagnate.

I can't recall a Top Five corps since the days before I marched that did not change their show in some significant ways as the season progressed.

Everyone changes stuff. If I am wrong, I would like to hear of the DCI Finalist corps that kept the show the same throughout the year...

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cavaliers: 73.45

Bluecoats: 69.7

Regiment: 69.55

Glassmen: 63.4

Phantom : 95.568

Cavaliers: 94.563 1.0 penalty ( ugly guard uniforms)

Bluecoats: 57.347

Glassmen: 45.837

:ph34r:

and a 5.0 penalty for any corps that speaks with enhancement of any sort :huh:

That's not really how it works in drum corps anymore...

If you don't change your show midway through the season, you "max" it out or peak too early...or you stagnate.

I can't recall a Top Five corps since the days before I marched that did not change their show in some significant ways as the season progressed.

Everyone changes stuff. If I am wrong, I would like to hear of the DCI Finalist corps that kept the show the same throughout the year...

Embelishments of thematic ideas? of course. A major reconstruction the likes of BD 2002 or Phantom 2005? not necessary. During my tenure, we ALWAYS learned the 'real' ending to the show at the beginning of July and threw it in around San Antonio, but this was a planned event, not a reaction to poor winter programming. In addition to the strategic implications, the corps would simply be unable to perform the true ending at a readable level at the beginning of the season. In fact, in my second year with the corps, we made the usual ending change and then added another tag on for the Murfreesboro show. But again, these changes were planned long before the corps learned its first drill set. Aside from the annual ending change, the changes to the show were minor, and almost every one of them took the form of an additional responsibility (usually movement or choreography of some kind). So again I say, work smarter not harder... to which I add that show changes are certainly necessary to enhance effect, but these should come in the form of embelishments to an existing framework. When the form of the entire show changes, winter planning was insufficient and you're working harder than you had to in the first place. That is all...

oh... and Viva la Primera Competencia

Embelishments of thematic ideas? of course. A major reconstruction the likes of BD 2002 or Phantom 2005? not necessary. During my tenure, we ALWAYS learned the 'real' ending to the show at the beginning of July and threw it in around San Antonio, but this was a planned event, not a reaction to poor winter programming. In addition to the strategic implications, the corps would simply be unable to perform the true ending at a readable level at the beginning of the season. In fact, in my second year with the corps, we made the usual ending change and then added another tag on for the Murfreesboro show. But again, these changes were planned long before the corps learned its first drill set. Aside from the annual ending change, the changes to the show were minor, and almost every one of them took the form of an additional responsibility (usually movement or choreography of some kind). So again I say, work smarter not harder... to which I add that show changes are certainly necessary to enhance effect, but these should come in the form of embelishments to an existing framework. When the form of the entire show changes, winter planning was insufficient and you're working harder than you had to in the first place. That is all...

oh... and Viva la Primera Competencia

you must be a cavalier.

When the form of the entire show changes, winter planning was insufficient and you're working harder than you had to in the first place. That is all...

well let me ask you this, if other corps plan better than you do in the winter, should you just sit there and take it, or go hash things out/change up your show... you cant control how well other people plan.

I haven't seen or heard much about either, but I never let a lack of data get in the way of making a fool of myself.

Phantom 73.5 Cavaliers 73.9

Jim

MAN - did I nail Cavies score or what? Go me!!!!!!

I'm so smrt.

Too bad the contest was for Regiment's first score, with Cavies' score at the contest TONIGHT as the tiebreaker. :P

Sure - take away an old man's dignity just when he's celebrating a success..... :(

I think with Glassmen's score last night, they could be closer to the pack than everything thinks.

I'm thinking 2-3 points from Bluecoats/Phantom... as opposed to everyones 4-5 point spread.

~>conner