Making a statment of being rude?

If you want to see an absolutely complete show, wait until the beginning to middle of July, or better yet, go to championships!

The problem with this approach is that the sponsors don't get a cut of championship revenue and "Aunt Flo" may not have the option of coming back later.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Booing is NEVER acceptable, unless it's with a capital B for Michael Boo.

I recall years ago, some mealy-mouthed little whimp booing at a Sr. Corps show. The man in front of the "boo-er" stood up, turned around, and punched that twit right between the blinkers, knocking him off the back of the bleachers! A large portion of the crowd cheered the "puncher." Including me! :P

If you can't play nice....stay home. :unsure:

Booing is NEVER acceptable, unless it's with a capital B for Michael Boo.

And then only BETWEEN corps shows. And aim for the press box, because that's where I'll be doing my blogging this summer. Yes, that's an exclusive for DCP readers..."Bloggin' With Boo," coming to a major DCI show near you...after I get back from China.

And the world will never be the same...

You are right Nancy, we missed a lot of corps getting Italian Ice. They would stop you at the tunnel and you had to wait until the corps was finished.

As far as leaving, to be honest, I don't see that many people leaving during a performance unless it's because of weather or an emergency. We were ushered last year by the officials under the deck because of an approaching storm all during a corps performance on the field. I felt sorry for that corps! Yes, we are guilty of leaving during the down pour in Allentown.

Yes, and if you begin to get up there's an usher on you telling you not to stand up until the corps is done.

If you make it to the stairs you'll find yourself crouching down, you won't make it down the stairs. Usually the staff is sitting on the stairs so there's no where to go anyway.

In Orlando someone was just about knocked out because Spirit was still marching in when they said no more people could go in. Some 14 year old ###### faced kid thought they were in the middle of their show. Some living legends in the Hall of Fame tried to tell them they had not even warmed up yet. Great!

If my sister was really angry, it would have looked like the early days of 2-7 and BAC, she'd take on 2 or 3 guys herself and knock them to the ground. In Boston/Foxboro she had just finished chemo so there were no punches thrown that night thank God! But I digress.

Living well was the best revenge that night in Orlando I might add!!! ^OO^

So basically I believe Stef and I have been saying the same thing this whole time no? Don't get up when a corps is on, it's rude for the people watching, and for the members marching. Also - never, ever boo! It's just seems so childish and rude.

And then only BETWEEN corps shows. And aim for the press box, because that's where I'll be doing my blogging this summer. Yes, that's an exclusive for DCP readers..."Bloggin' With Boo," coming to a major DCI show near you...after I get back from China.

And the world will never be the same...

When are you getting back from China?

Oh, and I am going to be rude - "statment" is not spelled correctly - the correct spelling is statement for whoever started this thread. ^0^

"whomever" :worthy:

(and he probably meant "or" instead of "of" -- but that's just my own pet peeve)

And Nancy, yes, we have been in agreement about this the whole time.

It's rude to go in or out during a corps performance. In fact, I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread about it yet this year (though I'm sure one will be forthcoming).... I'm just saying in most stadiums there's no way to control people leaving.. we can only control people coming in.

Stef

"whomever" :worthy:

(and he probably meant "or" instead of "of" -- but that's just my own pet peeve)

And Nancy, yes, we have been in agreement about this the whole time.

It's rude to go in or out during a corps performance. In fact, I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread about it yet this year (though I'm sure one will be forthcoming).... I'm just saying in most stadiums there's no way to control people leaving.. we can only control people coming in.

Stef

Those threads usually start soon after the first show. Don't worry, they are coming

When are you getting back from China?

Leaving the 14th and getting back the 25th. I've posted the schedule of what I'll be doing on the Bored Forum under the topic about looking for gifts to take.

And also, a question to those of you who keep saying, "If you don't like it, just don't go": Why on earth would you ever tell someone to NOT go to a drum corps show? I'm just going to assume here, that DCI doesn't want people to NOT go to their shows!! DCI wants people at their shows! Corps want people at their shows! And corps members should want people at their shows! Why are you telling people to NOT go????

agreed also...and given the limited amount of shows now days, for some, their only chance may be early season.

the problem is this...with once a month camps, move in dates during school dates...even colleges conflict....they only have so much time. it's not like the old days when you could have camp every weekend and have the show done by May. the problem is finding a happy medium for fans and corps alike.

telling fans not to come eventually will result in poorly attended early season shows. but having shows 1/2 done will #### fans off too....there has to be a happy medium

Actually, it happens. It's not silly. Judges tend to give corps, especially corps with big names, the scores of how their 8 minutes went, and assume the other 3 would score in the same box. It's a "courtesy".

Personally, I think that early season shows should have a very simple penalty. If the show is, say, 9 minutes, they miss the 10 minute min by 10%, penalize them 10%. If it's standstill, just penalize their visual 10%.

Do I think booing is bad? Well, it won't be understood for what the original poster intended. I think he got jumped on awfully fast. At some point, the ticket price is the same. Sometimes the early show is all you get. How about the Phoenix show? 5 corps, and they all debut that night. Do you see them discounting tickets for it? Not a snowball's chance in Phoenix.

The only thing I suggest about early season shows is to find out if it's not done, and then not go if they aren't. I couldn't do that; I'd go anyhow myself. Booing won't win you any friends. And as frustrating as the unfinished shows are, my personal opinion tells me that until a significant change in scoring occurs for not having a full show, tweaks will continue, and unfinished products will end up on a competitive field.

um, no. see, you can only be judged on what you have, not what you dont. what is or isn't to come is of no consequence. a corps may have only 8 on the field, and timing penalties aside, if that 8 is good, it will score well.

you can not judge what is not there