finals predictions

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We (BDB drums) definitly had two off-nights in both Modesto and Bakersfield. I think we let the heat get to us, since we're used to a nice nor-cal beeze. At least I was hating the sun.....No vis. rehearsal at bakersfield, we got off the bus, played for an hour. Then got changed for the show. So after not running the show for almost two days because of learning new material, there were alot of ticks....alot.

But we should be back on step by precision west. And those shows were definitly not a waste

I think more than just "BDB drums" had an off night in Bakersfield. Since the majority of the same corps from PP were also at KK and bakersfield, not to mention bakersfield was INCREDIBLY HOT (anyone else in the stands could agree with me, I think), it's no surprise that the corps that night did not perform to their full potential.

Anyways, to stay on topic. My top 11 or whichever still stands (Academy, ECJ, SCVC in top 3, BDB, Spartans in 4 and 5, no specific order, and I can't recall where I put everyone else but it's probably right)

I think more than just "BDB drums" had an off night in Bakersfield. Since the majority of the same corps from PP were also at KK and bakersfield, not to mention bakersfield was INCREDIBLY HOT (anyone else in the stands could agree with me, I think), it's no surprise that the corps that night did not perform to their full potential.

Anyways, to stay on topic. My top 11 or whichever still stands (Academy, ECJ, SCVC in top 3, BDB, Spartans in 4 and 5, no specific order, and I can't recall where I put everyone else but it's probably right)

whats it being hot have to do with anything? doesn't academy deal with it all the time?

i think the problem stems from having to perform in an enviroment you are completely not used to

im sure academy rehearses all the time in the blistering heat, but a lot of the nor cal corps aren't as used to it

i didnt kno bdb hadn't completed their show yet. i'll be looking forward to a real competetion at bd's homeshow

i think the problem stems from having to perform in an enviroment you are completely not used to

im sure academy rehearses all the time in the blistering heat, but a lot of the nor cal corps aren't as used to it

i didnt kno bdb hadn't completed their show yet. i'll be looking forward to a real competetion at bd's homeshow

I thought Academy had an indoor rehearsal site.

According to the DCI DIV 2/3 finals DVD:

The Medusa by Key Poulan

Arr. Dan Lutz, Chris Dufault, Peter Furnari

Spartans 2003 was a Robert W. Smith piece (Divine Comedy) arr. by Dan Lutz

Spartans 2004 was a Key Poulan Band Piece (The Medusa) Arr. by Dan lutz

Spartans 2005 is an Original by Key Poulan, no arr. necessary.

Spartans 2003 was a Robert W. Smith piece (Divine Comedy) arr. by Dan Lutz

Spartans 2004 was a Key Poulan Band Piece (The Medusa) Arr. by Dan lutz

Spartans 2005 is an Original by Key Poulan, no arr. necessary.

I think that's basically what I said before, but it doesn't hurt to see it twice.

Edited by MelloHorn13

I thought Academy had an indoor rehearsal site.

:spit:

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! :lolhit:

ahem. sorry. yeah nope, we/they rehearsed in the 110 degree heat on a regular basis. but really, after 105, you just can't feel the difference any more :) b**bs