Atlanta Roll Call & Questions

Ok gang, so...

Since Rockford and Madison are out for me, Atlanta is my only chance to see my boys.

I have a few questions for those of you familiar with the venue...

1. Where exactly is the show being held? Let's use Turner Field as the landmark, since I know how to get there...

2. What is a good hotel to stay at for the night? It doesn't have to be cheap, but I'm not looking for the Ritz-Carlton either...

3. What would be a good daytime diversion if I were to come up, say, on Friday. I know the Aquarium is nearby...what else?

4. What is a can't-leave-Atlanta-without-eating-here restaurant?

5. Who else is going from DCP?

P.S. I am selling my DCI Tickets. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=6638529462

Come on, you know you want to go. :)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The Georgia Dome...I think it's close by.

2. Try the Westin Peachtree.

3. The World of Coke museum...haven't been in a while but it's really interesting.

4. The Varsity, of course.

5. Me.

1. The Georgia Dome...I think it's close by.

2. Try the Westin Peachtree.

3. The World of Coke museum...haven't been in a while but it's really interesting.

4. The Varsity, of course.

5. Me.

1. See above. Just a little more downtown than "The Ted".

2. or try Priceline and name your own price (or hotels.com, etc.). You can get a 4-star hotel or resort for $75/night. I know because that's what I did!

3. Yes on the Coke museum. But you have to try the "Beverly" drink there - absolutely the most disgusting drink I've ever tried! Yech!!!

4. Buckhead Diner is pretty cool, also. The Varsity IS a historic spot in HOTlanta - and close to Grant Field where the '84 Championships were held!

5. Me 2.

these questions are going to help me out too. I'm going.

~>conner

WOC and the aquarium are right next to each other, both next to Underground Atlanta. If you can't find something to do or eat there, you are too picky.

As everyone said, within striking distance of the Dome.

And Ill be there too, on the field and in the stands.

Ok gang, so...

Since Rockford and Madison are out for me, Atlanta is my only chance to see my boys.

I have a few questions for those of you familiar with the venue...

1. Where exactly is the show being held? Let's use Turner Field as the landmark, since I know how to get there...

I have to ask, as I don't see any specific reference by you to which one, but you can see your boys twice this year. Next week at Powder Springs and then again at the ATL regional in the dome.

Come in on 75 (if you're still in FL, that is)

Downtown Atlanta

If Powder Springs, you can get there by coming into town and taking the 285 perimeter Westward. When you hit I-20, turn left (westbound). Go out to highway 92 and turn north (right). Follow the signs through the small town of Douglasville. Continue about 10-15 miles North. When you pass over 278, start paying attention. You come to Highway 360, and need to turn right. Go a few miles to 176 and turn right again. McEachern High School is ahead on the right.

You just passed by dozens of inexpensive hotels. Take your pick. :)

Hope that helps!

WOC and the aquarium are right next to each other, both next to Underground Atlanta. If you can't find something to do or eat there, you are too picky.

As everyone said, within striking distance of the Dome.

And Ill be there too, on the field and in the stands.

Actually, the World of Coke and the Aquarium aren't that close to one another; they certainly aren't "right next to each other."

World of Coke is next to Underground Atlanta. Underground is a pretty good hike from the Dome, and it basically sucks once you get there. It's just a big ghetto mall. I know, I work three blocks from there.

The Georgia Aquarium, however, is a pretty easy walk from the Dome. It's next to Centennial Olympic Park. Plans are in the works to move the World of Coke to a location adjacent to the Aquarium and Cent. Olympic Park, but that hasn't happened yet.

The best bet for places to eat within an easy walk from the Dome is CNN Center. Several different restaurants, as well as numerous fast food joints in the food court. Best bet for a good meal at CNN Center would be McCormick and Schmick's seafood, IMO. There's a Jock's and Jill's sports bar that is good for a brewski in between prelims and finals, and to drown your sorrow over not being able to really hear much of what the corps are playing due to the Dome's acoustics.

Of course, if you really wanted to HEAR the corps, you would have gone to the Powder Springs show on June 23. :)