Cadets are better than 2005 (by a lot)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from Gettysburg and all I have to say is:

CADETS ARE THE BOMB!

The show rocks - the hornline is off the hook and the drumline is so good I think it must be July - the guard already has wow moments in the ballad and the opener.

The whole thing reeks of "catch us if you can" - and after following this activity for 30 years I can honestly say I have NEVER seen a battery at that level in June.

I believe the drumline is unstoppable - I don't see anyone catching that line this year.

The brass is better than last year, the drill is better than last year (much more wide open), the guard is ahead of this point last year.

I would not be shocked if they go undefeated.

I was BLOWN away - literally. :worthy:

Lots of drum corps vets in the stands slack-jawed and shaking their heads at the performance level and potential greatness of Cadets 2006.

I have NEVER seen anything like it in June... b**bs

k

Four-peat? I think so. Last year, this year, their 2007 Philip Sparke tenth-anniversary Dance Movements show, and their 2008 first championship 25th-anniversary "Cadets Medley" show. One can only hope... :worthy:

Can we please hype the Cadets some more? <**>

Trust me, everyone knows that The Cadets are an outstanding corps. I believe you in your assertion that they are doing awesome already, but did you need to devote a whole topic to it? Probably not...

Sorry if that comes across bitter, its really not. Not trying to be mean here.

You know what? Tough. You're intelligent enough to read the title, figure out that the subject of the thread is the Cadets and how good they are, decide you DON'T want to read about it, and NOT CLICK ON THE THREAD.

There's no rule saying you have to click on every new thread on DCP or any other discussion board.

The season's starting and there's hype threads for Cadets and other corps abounding throughout the drum corps community, not just on DCP. This isn't anything new and it won't change in the future. You're mature enough to understand this.

You know what? Tough. You're intelligent enough to read the title, figure out that the subject of the thread is the Cadets and how good they are, decide you DON'T want to read about it, and NOT CLICK ON THE THREAD.

There's no rule saying you have to click on every new thread on DCP or any other discussion board.

The season's starting and there's hype threads for Cadets and other corps abounding throughout the drum corps community, not just on DCP. This isn't anything new and it won't change in the future. You're mature enough to understand this.

Easy there... like I said, I really didn't try to upset anyone. Obviously I did. My bad.

George, I hate to ask this b/c I know I'll get flamed (not by you), but tell me - did they get rid of last year's gimmicks? If so, then I'm really looking forward to seeing this show.

Not sure what you mean exactly - the show is in the same vein as last years' but the visual is a little more wide open than lasts years. But there are a bunch of props, singing (which I shockingly actually liked - and I HATE amps), and characterization - all of which is probably just a shell of the eventual program. Its very out there - so I guess I would answer "no"

Just got back from Gettysburg and all I have to say is:

CADETS ARE THE BOMB!

The show rocks - the hornline is off the hook and the drumline is so good I think it must be July - the guard already has wow moments in the ballad and the opener.

The whole thing reeks of "catch us if you can" - and after following this activity for 30 years I can honestly say I have NEVER seen a battery at that level in June.

I believe the drumline is unstoppable - I don't see anyone catching that line this year.

The brass is better than last year, the drill is better than last year (much more wide open), the guard is ahead of this point last year.

I would not be shocked if they go undefeated.

I was BLOWN away - literally. :grrr:

Lots of drum corps vets in the stands slack-jawed and shaking their heads at the performance level and potential greatness of Cadets 2006.

I have NEVER seen anything like it in June... b**bs

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy their show this year :worthy:

Just kiddin

Can't wait to see them this year. It will be interesting to see what happens with Cadets, Blue Devils and Cavaliers. Could be a majorly contested win during finals week.

Easy there... like I said, I really didn't try to upset anyone. Obviously I did. My bad.

Yes, you did, and I'll explain why:

You may have believed you weren't bitter or weren't trying to upset anybody, but you obviously felt some bitterness because you took the time to post your displeasure. While your motives may not have been to upset people, a voice in the back of your head was warning you that just might happen, hence the disclaimer at the end.