Cadets are better than 2005 (by a lot)

Just got back from Gettysburg and all I have to say is:

CADETS ARE THE BOMB!

The show rocks - the hornline is off the hook and the drumline is so good I think it must be July - the guard already has wow moments in the ballad and the opener.

The whole thing reeks of "catch us if you can" - and after following this activity for 30 years I can honestly say I have NEVER seen a battery at that level in June.

I believe the drumline is unstoppable - I don't see anyone catching that line this year.

The brass is better than last year, the drill is better than last year (much more wide open), the guard is ahead of this point last year.

I would not be shocked if they go undefeated.

I was BLOWN away - literally. :worthy:

Lots of drum corps vets in the stands slack-jawed and shaking their heads at the performance level and potential greatness of Cadets 2006.

I have NEVER seen anything like it in June... b**bs

I really, really like to hear those kind of reviews about any corps. Thank you.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, let's see...

Do you consider having a member running around the field in a full body white rabbit suit too gimmicky??

Or three other characters dressed up like Alice, the Mad Hatter and the Queen of Hearts??

Sniff sniff.... is that a scent of Bridgemen I smell?? (sniff sniff.....)???

I think thats both funny and fun at the same time. Go Cadets.

Just got back from Gettysburg and all I have to say is:

CADETS ARE THE BOMB!

I believe the drumline is unstoppable - I don't see anyone catching that line this year.

Wait'll you hear Regiment.

Cadets WILL have close company at the top. Rockford is in great position to knock 'em off this year (in perc, anyway....)

Mike

Well, let's see...

Do you consider having a member running around the field in a full body white rabbit suit too gimmicky??

Or three other characters dressed up like Alice, the Mad Hatter and the Queen of Hearts??

They didn't have the costumes at the show, but that's what they're planning on doing. Get ready DCP. Start your engines...

Yeah nobody like VK, SCV, Bridgemen, Star etc have ever used props or gimmicks in the past...old army has gone to he11!!!!

I really don't see why people on here are going to make a big deal out of it, but I'm sure they will.

But the dialog...

Is there. They're not going to pull it out. I have gotten over it, and am now looking forward to seeing this production (literally). Nobody is asking you to love, or even like the show, just watch it. Once you are at peace with their crazy schemes (I came to peace just recently actually), you'll be able to laugh and smirk at ideas like characters running around the show. Hopefully.

Is there. They're not going to pull it out. I have gotten over it, and am now looking forward to seeing this production (literally). Nobody is asking you to love, or even like the show, just watch it. Once you are at peace with their crazy schemes (I came to peace just recently actually), you'll be able to laugh and smirk at ideas like characters running around the show. Hopefully.

Or, you can head for a hot dog, satisfied in knowing you aint mising much since you really fell in love with this activitty for the brass/percussion sound, not mediocre sound systems or voice overs when you should be hearing instruments, or silly non-sensical speaking or more gimmics. Its fun when you are an adulta dn you can make up your own mind, open or not, but true to your beliefs and what you like and consider art.....or fodder.

~G~

Or, you can head for a hot dog, satisfied in knowing you aint mising much since you really fell in love with this activitty for the brass/percussion sound, not mediocre sound systems or voice overs when you should be hearing instruments, or silly non-sensical speaking or more gimmics. Its fun when you are an adulta dn you can make up your own mind, open or not, but true to your beliefs and what you like and consider art.....or fodder.

~G~

with all due respect (and you know I love you) but last night I witnessed the best brass & percussion sound I ever have in June

George

Edited by George

In my opinion...

before going to grab the hotdog, you should watch first. It wont kill you.

I can't wait for The Cadets... for once.if what George says is true, then I might have to re-evaluate where I put them in finals (3rd.)

Thanks for the "review" George.

~>conner