Gettysburg Pix

Good pictures. Hopefully, I'll get to see some of this in person pretty soon.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Feeling nostalgic yet, Matt? :P

Nope- I didn't march that show B)

It's the Hanover Lancers Alumni Corps.

Yep a couple of "action" shots of us doing our only field drill of the year. :P We're a parade and standstill corps so part of our practice yesterday was figuring out how to get on and off the field. B) Also the corps is open to anyone and think we're about 50% alumni of the competitive Lancers corps.

Sorry I missed the original question....

Great pics.

Nice to se that XMen added a little more red to the uni.

Just the touch they needed.

As for the scoring, methinks you all may be overreacting just a tad. There is nothing in this years recaps that puts this into a separately scored category. Everything else that has been said is pure speculation.

Time to unbunch your panties...Jeeeze!!!!!!!!!

That must have been an illusion... because xmen actually subtracted red from their uniforms last nite...

When I arrived the sewing crew was removing the red material off of all the guantlets. I was told that they visually took away from the Cross on their chest, so they removed the RED. I guess it worked if you think you saw more of it.

Nope- I didn't march that show B)

Oh, that's right, you marched the Civil War show.

apparently the "featured singer" doesn't rehearse in sneakers -- no severe drum corps tan lines on those ankles, and she performs barefoot (or is it in very tiny flats)....

I've been wondering how she's going to be dressed, since during the memorial brass clips that she wasn't wearing a uniform (can't remember exactly what she was wearing). I'll be curious to see, though, if what she wore at Gettysburg is what she'll eventually be wearing. I ask simply because the guard wasn't wearing their uniforms yet and instead were clad in all black. Is it possible that the singer was also wearing all black because she doesn't have her "uniform" (whatever it may be) yet either?

That must have been an illusion... because xmen actually subtracted red from their uniforms last nite...

When I arrived the sewing crew was removing the red material off of all the guantlets. I was told that they visually took away from the Cross on their chest, so they removed the RED. I guess it worked if you think you saw more of it.

Correction...

From your pixs, looks like the corps didn't even wear their guantlets last night... guess the sewing team was still working on them. But they are definitely removing the red from the guantlets.

And if you are referring to the red pants the guard was wearing... they weren't their uniforms. I heard the new ones will be gray one-piece pantsuits with yellow pit crew jackets... but I haven't seen them yet.

Singing is clearly a huge part of their show. How can you not score it with a judge trained and qualified to judge vocals?

If you want to see singing judged, go check out American Idol and leave the Corps alone!

Or should we bring in an Art judge for Cadets Props too?

OH, thanks for the photos, can we send you to a few more shows with your camera???

Edited by Cop

A big "Your Welcome!!" to all the thank you's!! I wish I could make more shows but between swim meets and band camps I don't think we get to see anyone 'til finals .

The vocalist was wearing heels and a dress last night. Have no idea what her final costume will be but you gotta love DCP -- discussing FOOTWEAR <lol>!

The Cadets unis are not double-sided so much aa contrasting. It is a much cleaner look and they use the color change well (for example when the battery exits down the 50 during the transition to the ballad).

No one mentioned the start of the show where perform air-valve/air-drum last years closers with pit/vocals doing History Repeating. Innovative, effective and really fun.

oh yeah...

win

em

ecks