Any news from Modesto?

[edit: nevermind. It's not worth it.]

Edited by skajerk

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Kingdarkstar joined yesterday and already has over 40 posts to his credit -- most of them negative and disparaging -- might I suggest that he's just here to cause trouble and that we all ignore his juvenille attempts at having fun.

what are you talking about?? we give everyone respect

or are you jealous cause we are America's Drum Corps??

Nope. Far from jealous, in fact. But when your members say "_____, what a joke" (insert the name of my corps there) when we're marching by them on the way to a show, I kind of lose respect for you.

Since Kingdarkstar joined yesterday and already has over 40 posts to his credit -- most of them negative and disparaging -- might I suggest that he's just here to cause trouble and that we all ignore his juvenille attempts at having fun.

wow. are you stalking me or something?? i'm not here to cause trouble.. you're making sound like i am..

how about you just respect my opinions. alot of people seem to disagree with what i have to say about different corps..

i have different views from you too..

can you just respect that i something different to say than everyone else..

am i supposed to be just like everyone else???

Nope. Far from jealous, in fact. But when your members say "_____, what a joke" (insert the name of my corps there) when we're marching by them on the way to a show, I kind of lose respect for you.

innocent until PROVEN guilty

you can't prove that we say that because we didn't say that.. i don't know what you think you're trying to pull here..

i think we have a corps basher on our hands... (Malambo13)

wow. are you stalking me or something?? i'm not here to cause trouble.. you're making sound like i am..

how about you just respect my opinions. alot of people seem to disagree with what i have to say about different corps..

i have different views from you too..

It's not that you have different opinions. It's the way in which you choose to spew them out.

Edited by skajerk

Random thoughts on this thread ...

Any corps that makes top 12 is far from a "disaster" -- let's just be realistic here.

Sometimes the best corps doesn't win -- yeah, it happens.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions but name calling isn't an opinion, it's an insult.

Unfortunately not everyone with SCV in their signature paid attention at rehearsal or they'd have a little class.

Edited by jojo

innocent until PROVEN guilty

you can't prove that we say that because we didn't say that.. i don't know what you think you're trying to pull here..

i think we have a corps basher on our hands... (Malambo13)

Right... it wasn't the Troopers' pit I was marching by when they said that, but some other pit that was wearing a cavalry uniform with neckerchiefs. Or maybe it was some evil Troopers-hater hiding in the woods behind your pit, because God knows there was no one else around besides the pit.

This was last year, also; I don't think my memory's faded this fast. PM me if you want the full story.

Edited by Malambo13

I most certainly can respect a differing opinion as long as it is expressed thoughtfully and with tact.

You are not required to be just like everyone else. You are, however, required to be civil.

if you're not excited about performing.. then what are you? bored?? tired??? can't be tired.. they had 2 hours sitting on a bus to rest themselves and prepare..

It really is amazing...I've just never witnessed this kind of thing before.