Vanguard Yell 2006

IT's funny how in the early season when no one really knows where it is and the silence comes up people hesitate so it comes out like...

"Van-" *TAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!*

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vanguard WANTS you to yell. Key's been writing in the "Vanguard Yell" since 2004.

Perhaps he didn't want the yell in 2003 - the silence is cool - but there's no way he wouldn't have known that was going to develop into the show. The yell that year was LOUD, and the audience had been doing it (at different levels of intensity) since at least '97.

They didn't want it in 2003...they did a 180 in '04

Vanguard WANTS you to yell. Key's been writing in the "Vanguard Yell" since 2004.

That one puts a lump in my throat every time...####, I'm getting a lump right now just imagining

I think it's because they were the crowd favorite that year

KRYSSTTAALLL!!

heh.

that's my favorite.

/sarcasm.

~>conner

KRYSSTTAALLL!!

Nooooooooooo!!! :P

VANGUAAAAAAAARD!!!

Yessss B)

In '89, all I remember is "Take it all, Santa Clara!"

as a tribute to the guy who recorded the yell/is the one yelling (if his youtube name is the same as his dcp name), i'll be yelling tomorrow night when i see them, which is also his birthday :P

I'm not a fan of the "yell". I can't stand it when people talk during a performance. The "yell" can only lead to more talking during shows. Not so much at the Championships, but at the earlier shows as people explain to each other where and what to "yell". Then, after the "yell" about a third of the audiance is commenting on how cool or weird the "yell" was. I wouldn't mind it if the "yell" was a natural reaction to what was occuring on the field, but to plan it in advance is silly. If you have ever sat next to someone who doesn't shut up during the show you know how I feel. Let's not give those people more to talk about. I'm sorry to rain on everyone's parade.

Don't turn the 2006 Santa Clara Vanguard into the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Edited by QuentinTarantino

As a performer, it always pumped me up to hear the crowd yelling for us. The corps that is...not individual performers (ie kryyystalll"). As such, I think the "Vanguard Yell" is perfectly appropriate. If I were marching Vanguard, I know I'd look forward to hearing it from the field.